It's Worth the Drive

argar5

Guru
100+ Post Club
I never thought I would drive 2 hours one way to sale a small Final Expense policy but I did. A client called me and stated his brother wanted insurance so I called his brother went over a few products over the phone he asked me if I would come out to his house and I did. I walked in the house there's five people in there his whole family his wife his mother and father and his sister-in-law they had no insurance I was there for two hours went over every program that was right for them I walked out of the house with $278 worth of monthly premium . super nice people I helped them out tremendously all issued with no waiting period. The drive was worth it for everyone.

I never thought I would drive 2 hours one way to sale a small Final Expense policy but I did. A client called me and stated his brother wanted insurance so I called his brother went over a few products over the phone he asked me if I would come out to his house and I did. I walked in the house there's five people in there his whole family his wife his mother and father and his sister-in-law they had no insurance I was there for two hours went over every program that was right for them I walked out of the house with $278 worth of monthly premium . super nice people I helped them out tremendously all issued with no waiting period. The drive was worth it for everyone.

That's one of the things I love about this business, you never know what you're going to find on the other side of that door...it's not always a good thing.

Nice "sale". Glad you were able to "sell" them all.:yes:

I was going to say us a phone sale carrier (lbl, balt, etc) but you probably would've missed that whole house taking that route well done!!

Awesome job! Definitely worth the trip.

That's something I've always tried to do and was reinforced by Frank Statsny in our many conversations, just go write the app and make them a customer. There's future business in almost all new business.

Earlier this year I lucked into a GE retirement deal where GE stopped providing retiree coverage. There's an exchange that the employees were directed to handle it and they have to buy something through the exchange to get the reimbursement. I had one contact that asked me if I could do better for their med sup than what was offered through the exchange. I could and did.

That turned into 10 or 12 more. These are all GI so only 50% commission. Except last week I wrote the wife for one of them because she's T65 and that's full commission.

The other side of that is I've now gotten over $10K ap of life business from that group.

This all started with one GI med sup write at 10.5% commission.

Jeez dude. That's a long way to write up just a couple thousand in commission.

Could you just mail them the applications? Certainly you could even just email them.

Seems like a lot of work, guys.

That's one of the things I love about this business, you never know what you're going to find on the other side of that door...it's not always a good thing. Nice "sale". Glad you were able to "sell" them all.:yes:
Your correct on that

----------

Great story and great attitude ... Thanks for sharing!
thank you after 38 years in the business sometimes I tend to get pretty lazy and tired.

Its called being a go-getter.

Although, Im telesales, and this would have been a great lead for me to call on! I would have closed the sale before you even arrived!

And with your placement and persistency he probably would have replaced all of it as soon as he arrived

Back