Telesales - Brutal Truth

NSRH,

I'm not sure on the top contract with your companies but I assume it's between 135-160pt? (Correct me if I'm wrong I have zero idea with am)

If your agents are writing minimum 10k and you are getting that much spread along with at least 8 or more points on the first few years of renewals it seems like you would be raking in.

Add in the $300 a month and the start up fee it seems like it's a lot for a 40 pt contract.

Aren't you scared you will lose those great agents 2-3 years down the road when the FE grind starts hitting them hard and they don't have those renewal checks rolling in?

Do you have any program to allow people to advance past 50 pt contracts?

Regarding commissions: If you are not writing $10,000 a month with our company we will cut your contract, after being warned once.

Does everybody get the exact same lead guarantee and type per month ?

Vesting: We do require agents to be on our platform for at least a year to be fully vested.

Does that mean that first year commissions are not fully vested from day 1 ?

NSRH,

I'm not sure on the top contract with your companies but I assume it's between 135-160pt? (Correct me if I'm wrong I have zero idea with am)

If your agents are writing minimum 10k and you are getting that much spread along with at least 8 or more points on the first few years of renewals it seems like you would be raking in.

Add in the $300 a month and the start up fee it seems like it's a lot for a 40 pt contract.

Aren't you scared you will lose those great agents 2-3 years down the road when the FE grind starts hitting them hard and they don't have those renewal checks rolling in?

Do you have any program to allow people to advance past 50 pt contracts?

Yes we do allow for above a 50% contract. Its based on total placed business and the quality of that business. Its all graphed out on a diagram.

Are we making money? Sure. But allow me to point out that we have dozens of people on our payroll (with benefits) to support the agents, and we literally spend millions of dollars in advertising to keep our agents fed with fresh leads. Not to mention the start up cost to invest in a propitiatory CRM and PBX, and the customization of our call center to fit our needs. We are millions deep in this. I believe we should be fairly compensated for our risk, however, the compensation is totally fair for the agents too, our average compensation per agent would prove that. Literally every single one of our agents makes it to the convention trip every year.

As for the burn out part. I dont believe getting a renewal would make one less likely to burn out necessarily. But the cool part is, even if you quit and burn out, we will still conserve your business, which may be attractive to some.

Again, and I cant stress enough, Its not for everyone. I tell people all the time that make it through our interview process, if you're on the fence, we cant extend an offer. We wont extend an offer if they want to "try it out". Its simply not for everyone. Maybe not even for most.

----------

Does everybody get the exact same lead guarantee and type per month ?

Does that mean that first year commissions are not fully vested from day 1 ?

In short, yes and yes.

Last edited:
In short, yes and yes.

With no first year vesting sounds like the agent takes a lot of risk.

If something hapenns and they don't hit your numbers or they want to leave, they have no contractual guarantee of first year commissions.

On your contract ?

So you are saying first year commission is going to be paid out if a person is not working there in say 6 months ?

That is correct.

As earned (FYC) commissions will pay off debit balance first, then after nine months, if all debt is paid, remaining commissions are paid to agent.

Vesting only concerns renewal commissions, not first year commissions, with our contract.

May I ask why you only charge the start up fees and ongoing fees to the non in-house agents ?

Sure.

We do have satellite call centers throughout the country that pay this start up cost on behalf of their agents, however here in St. Louis, we do charge agents "booth rent". Although we cover them for the first two months.

The remote agents from home are 100% responsible for all the nonresident licenses, and technology required to be on our platform. We dont subsidize those costs.

So someone is paying in each situation, just depends if youre from home, at our home office, or in a partner call center.

I hope that answered your question.

Back