48 Hour Scope of Appointment

Lol! Ive always been a med sup only guy so ive never needed one. Now that im going to start working mapd im just coming to terms with the beast that is the cms marketing rules. I had a suspicion that I might not see an answer to this one...

Most come back. The thing you have to do is screen heavily on the phone. If they don't think they know if they want to meet, don't send it out.

Also include postage both ways or you are wasting your time.

When I mail mine out I include sticky notes where to sign and date the day they receive it. Tell them to hold the SOA until the day of the app't and I pick up when i get there.

If they didn't sign it, I have them sign retroactive to receipt date or whatever.

Several have the "phone scopes" now. Most agents in FL, anyway, have 3-6 plans in their trunk. Advise the client he might be receiving a call from "one" of the possible plans available, which may or may not be the one he might wants to enroll in. At the appt., get them to sign a new soa for the plan you are writing.

Last edited:
When I mail mine out I include sticky notes where to sign and date the day they receive it. Tell them to hold the SOA until the day of the app't and I pick up when i get there.

If they didn't sign it, I have them sign retroactive to receipt date or whatever.

I've always worked with the assumption that to be CMS compliant I always had to obtain the SOA prior to the face-to-face meeting (except in the case of a walk-in), but the 48 hours did have some flexibility to it if a shorter time better met the needs of the client (leaving soon on a trip, effective date tomorrow, etc.). Backdating an SOA doesn't sound like something CMS would tolerate.

Back