Appointment Setting Using Mailers

Thank Reardon! They are business reply cards.

First, I recommend researching "JDEasy" on the forum and finding his advice on appointment-setting.

He keeps it simple, direct, and understands setting appointments is HOW you speak, not necessarily WHAT you say.

You must retain the mentality that THEY are soliciting YOU, not the other way around.

It is THE PROSPECT that is bothering YOU by sending the card back, and you are simply doing your JOB by requesting an appointment for the information THEY requested.

Remember, your job is to sell the APPOINTMENT, NOT the product. Selling the product is why we present face-to-face.

Plus, you have to be prepared to rebuttal objections/stalls and close them on an appointment.

Generally, here's what I recommend to say to new agents calling for an appointment:

"Mr. Jones, this is Rearden with Tennessee Senior Services (or whatever). I'm calling because YOU sent in a card requesting information about our STATE-REGULATED FINAL EXPENSE PROGRAMS and my job is to get you the information YOU requested. I will be in your area tomorrow and need ten minutes; does 9:30 tomorrow morning work?"

Not quite that easy?how do you handle the many objections you'll get? I'm busy?send me the info?I have live insurance? I don't remember sending that in and many more. The key is how fluid you are rolling from asking for the appt to handling the objections to transitioning right back to asking for the appt. The only way to get good is actually doing it time and time again .

Not quite that easy?how do you handle the many objections you'll get? I'm busy?send me the info?I have live insurance? I don't remember sending that in and many more. The key is how fluid you are rolling from asking for the appt to handling the objections to transitioning right back to asking for the appt. The only way to get good is actually doing it time and time again .

Yep!

The objections/stalls Petey posted above are what one should anticipate hearing.

Design a simple, straight-forward rebuttal on handling each objection that ends with you asking for the appointment.

Yep!

The objections/stalls Petey posted above are what one should anticipate hearing.

Design a simple, straight-forward rebuttal on handling each objection that ends with you asking for the appointment.

There is only one response to all those objections.. "Listen jerk,. I just need 10 minutes to deliver the information. I will be there at ten tomorrow." The slam the phone down so they will know you are a busy man with lots of other folks to talk to. It is what the books call an Ass-umptive close.

There is only one response to all those objections.. "Listen jerk,. I just need 10 minutes to deliver the information. I will be there at ten tomorrow." The slam the phone down so they will know you are a busy man with lots of other folks to talk to. It is what the books call an Ass-umptive close.

Jut tell me the information now

I understand setting appointments on fresh DM leads you should be shooting for 40-60% for Newbies. What about aged leads that haven't been worked (6-12 months)? What should the appointment success ratio be?

Back