Appointment Setting Using Mailers

Yes, I can tell you have experience.
That was mainly directed at Shizzle when he asked the original question.
LOL, after I massaged the lead over the phone long enough, and they still claim they don't remember, then I tell them I'm coming by to show them the card.
Josh, if you make an appointment most of the time on the old leads, then I think you'll agree that after the 1st couple of objections, you got the appointment just because you convey confidence on the phone. That is the kind of agent the client wants to make an appointment with.

Go knock on the door and show them their handwriting. They won't deny it then.

Yes they will. The person that's using the not remember as their excuse will look right at the card with their address sticker on it and say they didn't send it in.

Same as the person that you get from a telelead that claims they never spoke to anyone. You can play their recording back to them and it's obviously their voice and they will still claim it's not them.

If this job was easy then everyone would do it. In fact the companies wouldn't use us at all if it were as easy as just showing up and taking the application.

They would hire college kids at $10/hr to go pick up the signed applications and the check.

The biggest selling job we have is selling the appointment. Once in front of interested people the life insurance application is the easy part.

Yes, I can tell you have experience.
That was mainly directed at Shizzle when he asked the original question.
LOL, after I massaged the lead over the phone long enough, and they still claim they don't remember, then I tell them I'm coming by to show them the card.
Josh, if you make an appointment most of the time on the old leads, then I think you'll agree that after the 1st couple of objections, you got the appointment just because you convey confidence on the phone. That is the kind of agent the client wants to make an appointment with.

I haven't tried phone setting aged leads.

The whole process is not that tough.
If they say, "I have life insurance", don't forget, they still filled the card out. Find out why they filled it out.
Another approach is agree with them, then tell them why people filed the card out when they already have life insurance, and there are only about 3 basic reasons:
1. They think they are paying too much and looking to possibly pay less.
2. They don't have enough, and are looking for more.
3. They have group insurance and know that is coming to an end when they retire.
Find out what the reason is, address it, then make the appointment.

Not quite that easy?how do you handle the many objections you'll get? I'm busy?send me the info?I have live insurance? I don't remember sending that in and many more. The key is how fluid you are rolling from asking for the appt to handling the objections to transitioning right back to asking for the appt. The only way to get good is actually doing it time and time again .

----------

Petey, if you are going a lot of objections, then it could be you. It could be the lack of confidence you are showing on the phone, or the way you are wording it. I would say that about 1/2 of all the ones you make appointments with should be lay downs.

----------

Josh, I tried aged leads (Like 1-2 years old.). I don't like them. I know a lot of agents say it is a state of mind. Evidently, that means I got work to do.
I prefer fresh to semi-fresh leads.
I also do a ton of door knocking. I like to take a stack of leads in one geographical area and just knock doors all day. I will get in the door in one or two of them, and also make appointments for future days.
I like the phones, but I am more of and eye-to-eye type.

----------

Does anyone in this thread know how all my posts are all getting connected together. For all I know, this one will get hooked on to the previous 3 I made.

I really appreciate all the great info. Aged leads with a mix of tele leads are my plan while waiting to get on a consistent direct mail plan . Plus I figure if I can learn as much as possible on the aged leads for a month at 1/5th the price of fresh ones than it's a win win. As long as I'm getting a decent ROI considering I'm a new boot I'll be happy.

The whole process is not that tough.
If they say, "I have life insurance", don't forget, they still filled the card out. Find out why they filled it out.
Another approach is agree with them, then tell them why people filed the card out when they already have life insurance, and there are only about 3 basic reasons:
1. They think they are paying too much and looking to possibly pay less.
2. They don't have enough, and are looking for more.
3. They have group insurance and know that is coming to an end when they retire.
Find out what the reason is, address it, then make the appointment.

----------

Petey, if you are going a lot of objections, then it could be you. It could be the lack of confidence you are showing on the phone, or the way you are wording it. I would say that about 1/2 of all the ones you make appointments with should be lay downs.

----------

Josh, I tried aged leads (Like 1-2 years old.). I don't like them. I know a lot of agents say it is a state of mind. Evidently, that means I got work to do.
I prefer fresh to semi-fresh leads.
I also do a ton of door knocking. I like to take a stack of leads in one geographical area and just knock doors all day. I will get in the door in one or two of them, and also make appointments for future days.
I like the phones, but I am more of and eye-to-eye type.

----------

Does anyone in this thread know how all my posts are all getting connected together. For all I know, this one will get hooked on to the previous 3 I made.

Because no one is posting between your comments.

----------

See what I'm talking about?

Back