Big Transamerica Meeting Today

If sales people are not detail oriented they're in trouble.Its so important . How do I organize my leads ?Were am I working this week ? How do I incorporate referrals and call backs each week into my schedule ?How do I incorporate door knocking into my week ? Do I door knock 1 or 2 days a week with 3 days of appts or do I door knock around appts and no shows ? Even something as simple as effectively using a gps is about details . With door knocking how to effectively use the trip app on a Gps is crucial . What if I have 3 stops before I door knock 2 county's ? My appts don't start till 12 pm but I want to door knock from 8-11:30 first. How to I organize my door knocks in the best order ending up at my appt. DETAILS DETAILS. Chris Sharpe failing in the business doing $240k of ap made me realize it's not just about ap but about how you work your leads and How you sell . It's about service .I hand write a thank you note to each sale reiterating there draft date and when there policy will arrive . It cuts down big time on call backs of confusion and adds a little human touch . DETAILS DETAILS . Yes I agree Trans app is not good for new people .

He wasn't failing because of the business part. He failed because his money management sucked. You hand him 55k and he will go to a car lot to find a 55k car.

And because he pushed everyone into high policies. I hardly ever saw a policy under 100 that he wrote.

----------

If sales people are not detail oriented they're in trouble.Its so important . How do I organize my leads ?Were am I working this week ? How do I incorporate referrals and call backs each week into my schedule ?How do I incorporate door knocking into my week ? Do I door knock 1 or 2 days a week with 3 days of appts or do I door knock around appts and no shows ? Even something as simple as effectively using a gps is about details . With door knocking how to effectively use the trip app on a Gps is crucial . What if I have 3 stops before I door knock 2 county's ? My appts don't start till 12 pm but I want to door knock from 8-11:30 first. How to I organize my door knocks in the best order ending up at my appt. DETAILS DETAILS. Chris Sharpe failing in the business doing $240k of ap made me realize it's not just about ap but about how you work your leads and How you sell . It's about service .I hand write a thank you note to each sale reiterating there draft date and when there policy will arrive . It cuts down big time on call backs of confusion and adds a little human touch . DETAILS DETAILS . Yes I agree Trans app is not good for new people .

And also he didn't do 240k either. Was about 80k less than that and even then, that's just wrote business not issued.

He will go broke in whatever job he has just because he can't manage money.

Also about 50% of his business was replacement.On the business part he was dropping a huge amount of mail and hardly working many of them. If his appt setter took a week off he was lost. I'm also sure chargebacks started hitting him. The bottom line is he would buy a crap load of leads and only work the cream ones.But you're correct in the end it was money management that did him in.

You really don't know what you are talking about on OFP. Your Trans stories are just as inaccurate. Trans is into business prevention, not business acquisition. They exist to make the agent's job harder. They are even having a meeting about it.:yes:

Also about 50% of his business was replacement.On the business part he was dropping a huge amount of mail and hardly working many of them. If his appt setter took a week off he was lost. I'm also sure chargebacks started hitting him. The bottom line is he would buy a crap load of leads and only work the cream ones.But you're correct in the end it was money management that did him in.

Why don't you just contract with a bunch of fraternal companies and make sales too? You're giving JDeasy grief, but he isn't doing anything unethical - he is just riding the waves. You sound like you are just making excuses?

He wasn't failing because of the business part. He failed because his money management sucked. You hand him 55k and he will go to a car lot to find a 55k car.

And because he pushed everyone into high policies. I hardly ever saw a policy under 100 that he wrote.

----------

And also he didn't do 240k either. Was about 80k less than that and even then, that's just wrote business not issued.

He will go broke in whatever job he has just because he can't manage money.

100% spot on Ben!

Why don't you just contract with a bunch of fraternal companies and make sales too? You're giving JDeasy grief, but he isn't doing anything unethical - he is just riding the waves. You sound like you are just making excuses?

That time he wasn't talking about me.:biggrin:

Its funny Jd. If Trans is such a screw up then why do they do 5-1 business on any other Fe company outside LH? I recall you loved foresters then Rna then Trinity and now kskj. That's fine. Another area you're dead wrong on and you have zero authority to speak is SS billing with Trans. You poo-pooed it a yr ago doing 1 or 2 apps. I've done 100's and its the best in the business.Like I said I did over 20 company's last yr and Trans was just one.

Its funny Jd. If Trans is such a screw up then why do they do 5-1 business on any other Fe company outside LH? I recall you loved foresters then Rna then Trinity and now kskj. That's fine. Another area you're dead wrong on and you have zero authority to speak is SS billing with Trans. You poo-pooed it a yr ago doing 1 or 2 apps. I've done 100's and its the best in the business.Like I said I did over 20 company's last yr and Trans was just one.

That's not a good analogy. Size doesn't always mean the best. Primemerica is huge and they absolutely suck.

You are wrong once again. I will challenge you to find any post of mine bragging on Foresters.

And I love no company. You have your head so far up Tran's ass that you can't be reasoned with. RNA is still my favorite company but their rates became too high. I still use trinity fairly often and especially for DE because they are one that gets it right. Trans does not. They are the worst of the DE companies on administration. They have totally screwed up on all of them at least twice since their second go round of taking the card. And even now they have to have 10 days before the 28th to process a 3rd of the month payer. That is so frickin stupid, ignorant and business prevention to even discuss. What moron would defend that stupidity?

And yes, I write primarily KSKJ now. They give the best value to my customers and they give the best value to me in making my job easier.

When I talk to other agents they hate Trans far more than I do. The only place I ever see trans praised is right here at the forum. And you are the number 1 cheerleader for them. I write Trans now if they are the best option for my client. That just doesn't happen to be the case very often.

Your two examples of trans and LH are perfect examples that the amount of business a company does is not reflective of their value. It's a stupid argument when OBI makes it and it's a stupid argument when you make it.

But carry on, it is entertaining.:yes:

Toward the end OFP had called me about transferring over to us. When I returned his call he was field training a guy to work in his own areas. He was doing it for free for the old upline manager that he was wanting to get away from. He would make no over ride on the agent he was training. And if the new trainee agent succeeded he would be a new competitor on the same area that OFP had not been able to get enough leads in from the agency he was with in the first place.

During that phone call I learned everything I needed to know about him.
Nice guy - yes.
Capable of making it in this business - not a chance.

Lesson - Don't let broke -azz agents field train you!

I have to admit that Travis recognized that he wasn't going to ever be stable the very first time he called. He was very likable. But something just didn't seem right.

Back