Big Transamerica Meeting Today

Toward the end OFP had called me about transferring over to us. When I returned his call he was field training a guy to work in his own areas. He was doing it for free for the old upline manager that he was wanting to get away from. He would make no over ride on the agent he was training. And if the new trainee agent succeeded he would be a new competitor on the same area that OFP had not been able to get enough leads in from the agency he was with in the first place.

During that phone call I learned everything I needed to know about him.
Nice guy - yes.
Capable of making it in this business - not a chance.

Lesson - Don't let broke -azz agents field train you!

I have to admit that Travis recognized that he wasn't going to ever be stable the very first time he called. He was very likable. But something just didn't seem right.

And you're getting your story from him. I hired an agent 2 and 1/2 hours from him. That agent asked was there someone he could ride with for a day. OFP had just called me complaining because he didn't have money to buy leads because he just spent his whole deposit on 3,000 washer and dryer front load. So he asked me if he thought the new agent would be willing to let him come run his leads with him for the week on a split.

So get your facts straight before you try to knock what I do. Guess what......they wrote 11k on the 30 leads and he still didn't have the money to buy any leads. It had absolutely NOTHING to do with me at all.

Which I've already told you all of this but you'll act like you don't remember so you can try to fool people like you always do.

A friend of mine from Transamerica called me. W2 Rep (monumental). Big meeting. Agents are worried big time. Something going on doesn't look too good he will find out more at Friday morning meeting

I heard they want to ramp up recruiting become a United American/Combined model. Turn and Burn deal

If sales people are not detail oriented they're in trouble.Its so important . How do I organize my leads ?Were am I working this week ? How do I incorporate referrals and call backs each week into my schedule ?How do I incorporate door knocking into my week ? Do I door knock 1 or 2 days a week with 3 days of appts or do I door knock around appts and no shows ? Even something as simple as effectively using a gps is about details . With door knocking how to effectively use the trip app on a Gps is crucial . What if I have 3 stops before I door knock 2 county's ? My appts don't start till 12 pm but I want to door knock from 8-11:30 first. How to I organize my door knocks in the best order ending up at my appt. DETAILS DETAILS. Chris Sharpe failing in the business doing $240k of ap made me realize it's not just about ap but about how you work your leads and How you sell . It's about service .I hand write a thank you note to each sale reiterating there draft date and when there policy will arrive . It cuts down big time on call backs of confusion and adds a little human touch . DETAILS DETAILS . Yes I agree Trans app is not good for new people .

I can see you've never recruited agents before.

Additionally, it is well-confirmed Transamerica generally has an amendment- and policy issue problem.

And for as much as I like writing them, they are not appropriate for many agents starting off, as getting paid and building confidence in closed deals is more important, and other carriers are better at facilitating that process.

And you're getting your story from him. I hired an agent 2 and 1/2 hours from him. That agent asked was there someone he could ride with for a day. OFP had just called me complaining because he didn't have money to buy leads because he just spent his whole deposit on 3,000 washer and dryer front load. So he asked me if he thought the new agent would be willing to let him come run his leads with him for the week on a split. So get your facts straight before you try to knock what I do. Guess what......they wrote 11k on the 30 leads and he still didn't have the money to buy any leads. It had absolutely NOTHING to do with me at all. Which I've already told you all of this but you'll act like you don't remember so you can try to fool people like you always do.

All I know is what he told me. I wasn't even saying anything about you because he had contracts spread over 3 different places at that time. And trying to add a fourth.

The point was, if a guy isn't making a living but he volunteers to do charity work he's not doing himself or the poor guy he's training any good.

All I know is what he told me. I wasn't even saying anything about you because he had contracts spread over 3 different places at that time. And trying to add a fourth.

The point was, if a guy isn't making a living but he volunteers to do charity work he's not doing himself or the poor guy he's training any good.

That's the point. It wasn't charity work. He WANTED to do it so he could make some money since he was broke. Then he took the agent with him when he left. Neither one of them amounted to anything.

Can't fix stupid!

You make it sound like I told him "hey I know you're broke and struggling but you have to go train this agent for me!" OFP brought it up and I asked the other agent and he wanted to do it that week and split the deals. They worked that out. Remember our agents are independent. They can do as they choose.

That's the point. It wasn't charity work. He WANTED to do it so he could make some money since he was broke. Then he took the agent with him when he left. Neither one of them amounted to anything. Can't fix stupid! You make it sound like I told him "hey I know you're broke and struggling but you have to go train this agent for me!" OFP brought it up and I asked the other agent and he wanted to do it that week and split the deals. They worked that out. Remember our agents are independent. They can do as they choose.

Ben my post was about agents not using their brain and doing what they need to do to make money. Which is just get out and work.

And also about new greenhorns thinking they need field training so bad but they don't consider the source they are getting it from.

The post had nothing to do with you other than you making it about you.

Back