Considering replacing SNL

nfl72

Guru
1000 Post Club
I have used SNL for maybe ten years or so. For the most part they have been ok to deal with. I like them because I don't like calling in apps over the phone. I want to write the app, do a cool down, and move on to the next one.

I haven't been on the forum much as I only work three days a month now. I am an old dog who isn't very good at learning new tricks.

I sent an app to SNL last week and they sent me an email stating they needed a government ID as they did not like his signature. The client is a pain in the ass and is very busy and won't take the time to snap a pic of his driver's license and send it to me. He is 67 and I think he doesn't know how to do it. SNL says they can call him and take the app over the phone, but he does not answer the phone.

My point is; there is nothing wrong with his signature. Yes, it is different, and kind of artistic. But he signed three times and all three are the same. SNL claims it looks like his initials, which is not the case at all. They claim their company who pulls MIBs will not accept it. I seriously doubt they even bothered to send it. They kind of insinuated that fraud could be involved. When I took the app i looked at his driver's license and watched him sign all three pages.

I have been writing FE for about 14 years. Who would be a good substitute for SNL. I want to email or fax the app in. I want decent pricing, and relaxed underwriting. I also want to do business with a company that answers the phone in a timely manner. I miss dealing with Tommy.

Any thoughts?

I have used SNL for maybe ten years or so. For the most part they have been ok to deal with. I like them because I don't like calling in apps over the phone. I want to write the app, do a cool down, and move on to the next one.

I haven't been on the forum much as I only work three days a month now. I am an old dog who isn't very good at learning new tricks.

I sent an app to SNL last week and they sent me an email stating they needed a government ID as they did not like his signature. The client is a pain in the ass and is very busy and won't take the time to snap a pic of his driver's license and send it to me. He is 67 and I think he doesn't know how to do it. SNL says they can call him and take the app over the phone, but he does not answer the phone.

My point is; there is nothing wrong with his signature. Yes, it is different, and kind of artistic. But he signed three times and all three are the same. SNL claims it looks like his initials, which is not the case at all. They claim their company who pulls MIBs will not accept it. I seriously doubt they even bothered to send it. They kind of insinuated that fraud could be involved. When I took the app i looked at his driver's license and watched him sign all three pages.

I have been writing FE for about 14 years. Who would be a good substitute for SNL. I want to email or fax the app in. I want decent pricing, and relaxed underwriting. I also want to do business with a company that answers the phone in a timely manner. I miss dealing with Tommy.

Any thoughts?

SNL doesn't use MIB.

They are very difficult to deal with. Especially policy holder service.

SNL told me their third-party vendor couldn't pull a script check without a legible signature. I assumed they pulled an MIB or something similar. I rarely deal with policy holder services, but I have learned you need to be very specific when dealing with them.

I only write about ten policies a month and just don't like little hassles that are both petty and unnecessary. Whom might you recommend?

SNL told me their third-party vendor couldn't pull a script check without a legible signature. I assumed they pulled an MIB or something similar. I rarely deal with policy holder services, but I have learned you need to be very specific when dealing with them.

I only write about ten policies a month and just don't like little hassles that are both petty and unnecessary. Whom might you recommend?

You want paper apps with no phone interview ? I know jd will say kskj . Honestly I’d look at am am . Takes paper apps ,much better underwriting than snl , awesome billing and I and most people love their customer service . You the agent can re start drafts on phone . Pricing just ok . Better pricing and they do paper apps is Trinity . But they require phone interview. Why not do E-App with instant decision? Very easy to do . Paper app CO’s getting less and less . If you replace a lot can’t beat kskj .

Other than the obvious I find CinnEq to be easy to deal with and they take DE

Not an answer to your specific question.

I have had the same signature issue at different times with different companies.

I started taking a cell pic of their DL layed on the app and keeping it in the file. If picking up a void check or if another person is there I get their DL as well. All on the app. One pic and a lot of useful information.

Last edited:
:1wink:You could write AmAm and learn the hard way that they are a pos company.

or not?

You need to give them another shot.
They answer the phone in a timely manner.
Many changes can be handled with a simple email to UW,CS,Agent service.
No phone interview with paper app unless they can’t be found in Script check.
Great UW,kinda like Trans where meds that are knockout at other companies are considered maintenance.
Above average commissions.

I do not ever recall having an issue with a signature from any of the companies I have used over 14 years of selling FE. It's like they are accusing the guy of fraud. I will start taking pics of DL in the future.

Is AmAm American Amicable? If so, I have found their rates to be extremely high and very easy to replace.

You need to give them another shot.
They answer the phone in a timely manner.
Many changes can be handled with a simple email to UW,CS,Agent service.
No phone interview with paper app unless they can’t be found in Script check.
Great UW,kinda like Trans where meds that are knockout at other companies are considered maintenance.
Above average commissions.

They do not. I replaced them last week. We were on hold for over 20 minutes. And they have terrible rates.

You have told me nothing they do that my goto companies don't also do as for customer service.

Back