Equita Vs Fexcontracting Vs FEAgentMentor Vs Theinsurancesquad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I understand they're another group but they were talking about "working together.. coming on board(w/Fex) during this intvw.. Maybe they severed ties..

I brought up this interview with a person who PM'd me and they called him a crook.. Crazy how this business is -- lots and lots lots of back biting..

I believe that Fex has a couple of contracts through YIG(Tranny and MOFO I think is the 2nd one). People refer to YIG as crooked because of their lead business. Word on the street is that they sell old leads as new.:)

I believe that Fex has a couple of contracts through YIG(Tranny and MOFO I think is the 2nd one). People refer to YIG as crooked because of their lead business. Word on the street is that they sell old leads as new.:)

That's strange -- I was reading through FEX's Intro link "Start here" and one of the things they warned new people about are companies selling new leads when in fact they have been re-worked several times over.

I often wondered how in the heck can someone tell if the leads are new or not when these seniors/people have been bombarded with DM pieces and undoubtedly been called on by someone else..

Shady..

That's strange -- I was reading through FEX's Intro link "Start here" and one of the things they warned new people about are companies selling new leads when in fact they have been re-worked several times over.

I often wondered how in the heck can someone tell if the leads are new or not when these seniors/people have been bombarded with DM pieces and undoubtedly been called on by someone else..

Shady..

I've never bought DM leads. I'm just starting to use them, but never bought them and never will. I'm not sure how you'd tell unless it was by the postmark, mix of counties you didn't order? I'm sure that someone can answer that question.

I've never bought DM leads. I'm just starting to use them, but never bought them and never will. I'm not sure how you'd tell unless it was by the postmark, mix of counties you didn't order? I'm sure that someone can answer that question.

Ways to tell if a lead is old:

1. Different lead card than you ordered
2. Different area than what you mailed
3. High proportion of wrong ages.
4. High proportion of wrong phone numbers
5. High proportion of dead clients
5. High proportion of wrong addresses
6. High proportion of prospects having a policy the IMO/lead vendor offers that is 3 months to 1 year old.
7. Very high proportion of prospects telling you they did not send in a card recently.

Shady..

Agents should be able to tell easily if their leads are new or aged. But unfortunately you don't know for sure until after you are running them and have been screwed. You just have to do your research on the agency and then always be checking and verifying.

As recently as yesterday I spoke with an agent that was convinced he was buying new unworked direct mail from his agency at $25 each. The agency he is with is well known for mixing old and new leads together, teaching the agents to clean-sheet, not fill out replacement forms, etc.

But during the conversation he figured out on his own that his lead cards all still say 2016 Benefit Information and he is often the 3rd agent with his same company in the home. (Cloud lifting, Kool-aid fading).

The beauty of the agencies that are in this thread is that they are all active on the forum and openly vetted on the forum. If any of us (FexContracting, EFES, 360, and Todd King) did anything like resell leads or any swarmy crap that 90% of the agencies pull on their agents it would be exposed in milli-seconds.

Private messages are always scammers and butt-hurt cry-babies. Stuff that is talked about openly gets debated from both sides. Scammers with agendas don't want that.

Debating the differences between the four agencies mentioned is splitting hairs. There are differences but with any of these agencies if you fail it's not because you didn't have a fair shake.

I'll tell you openly what makes our agency different. The others can do the same if they want to. Each agency has advantages and disadvantages.

FexContracting Advantages:
1. All agents are direct to us. No middle men.
2. Unique that the two owners are very successful agents. Travis trains all of our agents himself and no one would dispute that Travis is one of the most successful trainers in the industry. Our agency does not require sub-agents to train you.
3. Transparency- I associate transparency with honesty. And that's rare to find in this business. Finding your commission levels at most agencies is like an Easter-egg hunt combined with buying a used car. Why is that? It's so they can slip it to you a little bit. Our commission levels are posted openly on our website. Same with finding out who is in your up-line. That is a closely guarded secret with every agency. Why? Because they don't want their agents to know they are under Amerilife, One Life, etc. This forum is full of threads with agents bashing One Life that don't even know they are under One Life themselves because of lack of transparency. Same with Amerilife. Anyone with a Gerber contract is under Amerilife. But most agents (unless you are with FexContracting) have never been told that. So who are our agents under? All of the smaller carriers we are direct to the company. With Trans and Moo we are under Tim Winders. With RNA, Liberty Bankers and Americo we are under EFES and with Gerber and several Med Sup companies we are under Amerilife. (Try to find out who you are under with any other agency and you are going to hear crickets. ) Why is that?
4. Leads- Again by cutting out middle-men I believe we offer the best price on guaranteed price direct mail that you will find without taking a cut in commissions. And since you are direct to the owner that runs the lead program you have the best access for service. Get a lead on a 54 years old? Bam, instant credit. No waiting around for weeks to see if you ever get credited for it. Saturday morning and you wish you would have taken extra leads this week? Bam call me and I'll hit you with them instantly any time you want. Need telemarketer-leads, aged leads, internet leads? We send you direct to the best sources so you pay no middle-man fees.
5. Fewer agents- our agency has always focused on high production from fewer agents. We do not accept everyone. We have always turned away more agents than we accept. But this gives our agents more access to us. We are a small but deadly group where everyone helps and supports each other.
6. Company selection- we select companies by sell-ability not upline over rides. Most agencies (not the four talked about in this thread) want you selling UHL, Americo, Columbian, American Memorial, Trans, etc. as your main carriers. Know why? Huge, huge upline over rides. That's how they choose their companies. Since FexContracting is lean and mean and we come from the agent's perspective not the IMO perspective we recommend the companies that help you make more sales. KSKJ, Trinity, SNL, Oxford, Christian Fidelity, Standard Life, etc are deadly competitive. The agent takes a small hit on commission selling these but the upline takes a HUGE hit. Most won't allow their agents to sell them. We do. We encourage it. Because you will sell more AND have better persistency AND happier customers. You want to sell everyone you can with SNL or KSKJ? No problem. You want a great deal on Settlers for just the right cases? You've got them.
7. Competitors do everything from copy to mock Travis's Friday calls but the truth is they are legendary. No matter where an agent comes from and how he was trained before I get the same comments from all producers that "get it" . Wow, that is so advanced over any training I've ever had. It's like college-level FE training. If you've never been on one of our calls call Mark Stover (number's on our website) and get invited to sit in with us one week.
8. Extras- group texts, life lines, cheat sheets, training web site, free quoters for FE and Med Sups, ride alongs, company conventions, classroom training, sales trackers, lead mapping, weekly training calls and constant access to help when you need it. We have it.
9. Need help with other products? Med Sups and Med Advantage? Your upline (me) has personally sold thousands of Medicare Plans. I've done over 50-Medicare 101 seminars for local hospitals. Annuities? I've placed 5-million in annuities (not a huge amount but I've never marketed for them. Just cross sales from FE and Med Sups. Funeral Trusts? I've produced over 10-million dollars in Funeral Trusts and know more on this subject than anyone you are ever going to have in your upline. Cancer plans, I own them, I've sold them, Very easy presentation. Term Life, Participating whole-life, etc? Yep, yep and yep. We are able to help the FE agent sell more FE plus be ready for any cross sales he is going to run into.
10. Work life balance- Travis is different in that he teaches agents to hit their goal of $4,000 weekly and then take time for your family. Some do that in 2-field days, some three and some four. Most of our agents only work 20 to 25 leads weekly. Travis teaches efficiency for maximum profitability. He teaches agents to correctly set appointments better than any appointment setter could or would ever do and teaches how to make more money in your checkbook with fewer dollars spent and fewer hours worked. Appointment setters are used for agents who want them once they are at the point that it becomes more efficient. They are never used as a crutch.

All four of the agencies mentioned in this thread are the creme of the crop. 90% of the agencies out in the real world of Craig's list, spammy emails, private messaging on this forum or buddies recruiting buddies are various degrees of bad. So do your homework. Choose one. Commit 100% and go for it.

Agents should be able to tell easily if their leads are new or aged. But unfortunately you don't know for sure until after you are running them and have been screwed. You just have to do your research on the agency and then always be checking and verifying.

As recently as yesterday I spoke with an agent that was convinced he was buying new unworked direct mail from his agency at $25 each. The agency he is with is well known for mixing old and new leads together, teaching the agents to clean-sheet, not fill out replacement forms, etc.

But during the conversation he figured out on his own that his lead cards all still say 2016 Benefit Information and he is often the 3rd agent with his same company in the home. (Cloud lifting, Kool-aid fading).

The beauty of the agencies that are in this thread is that they are all active on the forum and openly vetted on the forum. If any of us (FexContracting, EFES, 360, and Todd King) did anything like resell leads or any swarmy crap that 90% of the agencies pull on their agents it would be exposed in milli-seconds.

Private messages are always scammers and butt-hurt cry-babies. Stuff that is talked about openly gets debated from both sides. Scammers with agendas don't want that.

Debating the differences between the four agencies mentioned is splitting hairs. There are differences but with any of these agencies if you fail it's not because you didn't have a fair shake.

I'll tell you openly what makes our agency different. The others can do the same if they want to. Each agency has advantages and disadvantages.

FexContracting Advantages:
1. All agents are direct to us. No middle men.
2. Unique that the two owners are very successful agents. Travis trains all of our agents himself and no one would dispute that Travis is one of the most successful trainers in the industry. Our agency does not require sub-agents to train you.
3. Transparency- I associate transparency with honesty. And that's rare to find in this business. Finding your commission levels at most agencies is like an Easter-egg hunt combined with buying a used car. Why is that? It's so they can slip it to you a little bit. Our commission levels are posted openly on our website. Same with finding out who is in your up-line. That is a closely guarded secret with every agency. Why? Because they don't want their agents to know they are under Amerilife, One Life, etc. This forum is full of threads with agents bashing One Life that don't even know they are under One Life themselves because of lack of transparency. Same with Amerilife. Anyone with a Gerber contract is under Amerilife. But most agents (unless you are with FexContracting) have never been told that. So who are our agents under? All of the smaller carriers we are direct to the company. With Trans and Moo we are under Tim Winders. With RNA, Liberty Bankers and Americo we are under EFES and with Gerber and several Med Sup companies we are under Amerilife. (Try to find out who you are under with any other agency and you are going to hear crickets. ) Why is that?
4. Leads- Again by cutting out middle-men I believe we offer the best price on guaranteed price direct mail that you will find without taking a cut in commissions. And since you are direct to the owner that runs the lead program you have the best access for service. Get a lead on a 54 years old? Bam, instant credit. No waiting around for weeks to see if you ever get credited for it. Saturday morning and you wish you would have taken extra leads this week? Bam call me and I'll hit you with them instantly any time you want. Need telemarketer-leads, aged leads, internet leads? We send you direct to the best sources so you pay no middle-man fees.
5. Fewer agents- our agency has always focused on high production from fewer agents. We do not accept everyone. We have always turned away more agents than we accept. But this gives our agents more access to us. We are a small but deadly group where everyone helps and supports each other.
6. Company selection- we select companies by sell-ability not upline over rides. Most agencies (not the four talked about in this thread) want you selling UHL, Americo, Columbian, American Memorial, Trans, etc. as your main carriers. Know why? Huge, huge upline over rides. That's how they choose their companies. Since FexContracting is lean and mean and we come from the agent's perspective not the IMO perspective we recommend the companies that help you make more sales. KSKJ, Trinity, SNL, Oxford, Christian Fidelity, Standard Life, etc are deadly competitive. The agent takes a small hit on commission selling these but the upline takes a HUGE hit. Most won't allow their agents to sell them. We do. We encourage it. Because you will sell more AND have better persistency AND happier customers. You want to sell everyone you can with SNL or KSKJ? No problem. You want a great deal on Settlers for just the right cases? You've got them.
7. Competitors do everything from copy to mock Travis's Friday calls but the truth is they are legendary. No matter where an agent comes from and how he was trained before I get the same comments from all producers that "get it" . Wow, that is so advanced over any training I've ever had. It's like college-level FE training. If you've never been on one of our calls call Mark Stover (number's on our website) and get invited to sit in with us one week.
8. Extras- group texts, life lines, cheat sheets, training web site, free quoters for FE and Med Sups, ride alongs, company conventions, classroom training, sales trackers, lead mapping, weekly training calls and constant access to help when you need it. We have it.
9. Need help with other products? Med Sups and Med Advantage? Your upline (me) has personally sold thousands of Medicare Plans. I've done over 50-Medicare 101 seminars for local hospitals. Annuities? I've placed 5-million in annuities (not a huge amount but I've never marketed for them. Just cross sales from FE and Med Sups. Funeral Trusts? I've produced over 10-million dollars in Funeral Trusts and know more on this subject than anyone you are ever going to have in your upline. Cancer plans, I own them, I've sold them, Very easy presentation. Term Life, Participating whole-life, etc? Yep, yep and yep. We are able to help the FE agent sell more FE plus be ready for any cross sales he is going to run into.
10. Work life balance- Travis is different in that he teaches agents to hit their goal of $4,000 weekly and then take time for your family. Some do that in 2-field days, some three and some four. Most of our agents only work 20 to 25 leads weekly. Travis teaches efficiency for maximum profitability. He teaches agents to correctly set appointments better than any appointment setter could or would ever do and teaches how to make more money in your checkbook with fewer dollars spent and fewer hours worked. Appointment setters are used for agents who want them once they are at the point that it becomes more efficient. They are never used as a crutch.

All four of the agencies mentioned in this thread are the creme of the crop. 90% of the agencies out in the real world of Craig's list, spammy emails, private messaging on this forum or buddies recruiting buddies are various degrees of bad. So do your homework. Choose one. Commit 100% and go for it.

Souldn't that VERY long paragraph be in the Offers Section?:laugh:

Does fex allow agents to have a down line?

Absolutely. But we don't recommend that agents recruit other agents until they are killing it themselves. If an agent with us is in his first year or so and just writing $100,000 or less he is setting himself up for failure if he starts recruiting. Because he doesn't really have his own Act together yet and downline agents are generally going to just sidetrack him and roll debt up to him

Plus if he is at that level he is going to have to put Agents at lower contract levels which they will obviously know what everyone else has because we are transparent with it.

So recruiting for the wrong reasons at the wrong time in your career doesn't work well with us. And that's part of what Agents coming to us appreciate. Many of them have been stuck under useless agents at other agencies. Or have been pressured to try to recruit other agents when they don't even know what the hell they're doing yet. And many have had debt rolled up to them and it was never even explained to them that that was going to happen at those pyramid agencies.

Once an agent is rocking and his contracts are bumped up, he will have agents naturally attracted to go under him. And we even refer some agents to go under others that are near them.

We also have a number of agencies that are under us and their downline may or may not even know that they are under us. They keep everything separate and run a completely separate business model.

There could be any number of variations. But the one that doesn't work is the person who hasn't had any true success them self that's wanting to recruit agents under them. I get those all the time so I'm after they contracted most before and I aleays refer them elsewhere. That type of business model does not make sense to anyone and it is never successful. The only way that any agents whatever sign up under those type of situations is out of ignorance. And we teach our agents to not be ignorant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back