Foresters or Amcon/Aetna, Who's Better?

Who has the Easiest/Shortest POS Interview and Underwriting

• Foresters

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • American Continental

Votes: 7 50.0%

• Total voters
I find myself using Foresters far more often than Aetna mostly because Aetna comp is not as good compared. Another clear benefit of using Aetna that wasn't mentioned yet is brand recognition...it helps earn slightly more credibility with clients than Foresters (nobody knows Foresters). Aetna also does NOT have a build chart (thumbs up), and Foresters does.

Why all the questions about Foresters/Aetna? Are you shopping out your new "Go-To" carrier for 2016?

I thought you didn't like pos's?

I don't, but growth and change are necessary to stay on top :yes:

Why all the questions about Foresters/Aetna? Are you shopping out your new "Go-To" carrier for 2016?

Just looking to add another carrier or 2, to the sales book for next year, and decided that an occasional POS might be doable!

It's important to remain teachable for long term security. Unfortunately, there is a very short list of us that are truly here for the long term, and I intend on being on that list.

I don't, but growth and change are necessary.............

It's important to remain teachable for long term security. Unfortunately, there is a very short list of us that are truly here for the long term, and I intend on being on that list.

That!

I started out with one company, a 3" binder rate book, a map and a roll of dimes.

I don't, but growth and change are necessary to stay on top :yes:

Just looking to add another carrier or 2, to the sales book for next year, and decided that an occasional POS might be doable!

Gotcha. Thought maybe you were looking to replace SNL.

Didn't Foresters make changes recently on how they advance? I heard that once you submit $35,000 they put you on as earned.

That's not a recent change and it's not really a cap. You can't have more than $35,000 advance debt. That's a moving target because the earned monies are deducted from that debt each month as they are earned.

It sounds more ominous than it is. It takes a huge volume to get to that advance debt and then continued huge volume to stay bumped up against it.

And, as Thad said, the IMO can get it waived and that's easy to do for an agent doing that much volume.

That's not a recent change and it's not really a cap. You can't have more than $35,000 advance debt. That's a moving target because the earned monies are deducted from that debt each month as they are earned. It sounds more ominous than it is. It takes a huge volume to get to that advance debt and then continued huge volume to stay bumped up against it. And, as Thad said, the IMO can get it waived and that's easy to do for an agent doing that much volume.

I was one of the lucky ones that hit the 35K advanced debt and then ANOTHER CEILING and started to get paid as earned unknowingly. I wish they would warn you when you're getting close to their ceiling so you can choose to write another carrier or act on getting the ceiling bumped. I didn't realize I was getting paid as earned until I noticed I hadn't been paid about 7K in advancements.

Anyway, they went ahead and raised the ceiling but it took a couple of weeks and they were not quick about raising it.

As to the original question, I love both companies. If I had to pick a go to company it would be FORESTERS but AETNA is about as lenient as a company as you will find for level coverage.

That's not a recent change and it's not really a cap. You can't have more than $35,000 advance debt. That's a moving target because the earned monies are deducted from that debt each month as they are earned.

It sounds more ominous than it is. It takes a huge volume to get to that advance debt and then continued huge volume to stay bumped up against it.

And, as Thad said, the IMO can get it waived and that's easy to do for an agent doing that much volume.

In all honesty, it's not very much volume for me at all. They already put the breaks on Spur. If I try, it won't be hard to get there in a few months, and the last thing I want is to become dependent on a carrier that tells me that I need to speak with my up line about anything. lol

Just sounds kinda strange that they would have something like that!:swoon:

In all honesty, it's not very much volume for me at all. They already put the breaks on Spur. If I try, it won't be hard to get there in a few months, and the last thing I want is to become dependent on a carrier that tells me that I need to speak with my up line about anything. lol

Just sounds kinda strange that they would have something like that!:swoon:

There's only a few channels of distribution for Foresters in the US. Everyone else is attached to those few channels. One large center that was selling primarily by phone from a call center and was using Foresters almost exclusively. This is a large churn and burn operation that's also known to be on the crooked side.

Before there was a limit these agents would run up huge advance balances and then vanish. Foresters has always been quick to roll up debt to the upline.

This one large operation is the reason for the limit. In Foresters wisdom they put the limit on everyone instead of the problem FMO distribution channel.

But still it takes an exceptional amount of business to get there and stay there. For most it's never gonna be an issue. For the few that it is there is relief provided as long as the IMO signs off on it.

I remember when this all came into play. I was with EFES and many were up in arms over it. It turned out to only affect 2 agents. And their situation was handled.

----------

I was one of the lucky ones that hit the 35K advanced debt and then ANOTHER CEILING and started to get paid as earned unknowingly. I wish they would warn you when you're getting close to their ceiling so you can choose to write another carrier or act on getting the ceiling bumped. I didn't realize I was getting paid as earned until I noticed I hadn't been paid about 7K in advancements.

Anyway, they went ahead and raised the ceiling but it took a couple of weeks and they were not quick about raising it.

As to the original question, I love both companies. If I had to pick a go to company it would be FORESTERS but AETNA is about as lenient as a company as you will find for level coverage.

Here we have what I like to call an aberration. We got a Mexican being paid in US dollars by a Canadian company. You just can't make that sh!t up!!:laugh:

Back