Need opinion on telesales imo

Lvm82

Expert
Right now I've currently been working as a telemarketer for a year for an agency selling home and life. I'm ready to quit and go Indy but didn't want to make a brash decision to just quit my job. I do have the recommended amount saved up for lead expenses and personal, but that can quickly run out if I fail, so failure is not an option.

My question is I found a particular telesales company that seems economically affordable. But I'm wondering either their program would I be working harder and not smarter.

They charge $2 dollars for aged leads, $5 dollars for current leads, and $22 or more for incoming calls or tv leads. It was recommended that I start out with the aged leads for $2 or $5 dollars to get the practice in and purchase 125 of those, dial atleast 25 a day, 5 times a day. With this program, with this program, wouldn't take longer to make sell?

I really liked the most popular telesales company which I'm pretty sure we all know who that is. But I think the minimum purchase would have to be $1500 on up for a week or two worth of leads depending on which type of lead program you want. Of course they have proven results. I'm just wondering if I should take it economically slow and go with the first option. Or go and and just spend the money and go with the popular option for a faster return which is what I want.

Or will it ake me a while to make money with the first option even though their prices are cheaper. I just want to get to it and make money fast if I'm going to quit my job.

Who pays the fines if you get busted calling the aged leads? You can’t call aged leads if they are on the DNC list.

Dave DuFord has a pretty hot telesales group going. Have you spoke with him. He provides leads in exchange for reduced commissions if you prefer that.

Right now I've currently been working as a telemarketer for a year for an agency selling home and life. I'm ready to quit and go Indy but didn't want to make a brash decision to just quit my job. I do have the recommended amount saved up for lead expenses and personal, but that can quickly run out if I fail, so failure is not an option.

My question is I found a particular telesales company that seems economically affordable. But I'm wondering either their program would I be working harder and not smarter.

They charge $2 dollars for aged leads, $5 dollars for current leads, and $22 or more for incoming calls or tv leads. It was recommended that I start out with the aged leads for $2 or $5 dollars to get the practice in and purchase 125 of those, dial atleast 25 a day, 5 times a day. With this program, with this program, wouldn't take longer to make sell?

I really liked the most popular telesales company which I'm pretty sure we all know who that is. But I think the minimum purchase would have to be $1500 on up for a week or two worth of leads depending on which type of lead program you want. Of course they have proven results. I'm just wondering if I should take it economically slow and go with the first option. Or go and a

You won't find fresh exclusive TV leads for $22 each. Be wary.

Last edited:
You won't find fresh exclusive TV leads for $22 each. Be wary.
Greg senior life was one of the first to do telesales but it seems like it’s exploded and possible saturation coming . 3-4 yrs ago it was all tv ,telemarketing and direct transfer Pakistani type outbound leads . Now with use of the internet by almost all low income seniors Social media type leads are very cheap at $3-$12 . Plus the use of calandary type appts is widely used . I recall reading tv leads on regular tv ( not steaming tv leads ) cost $90 or more each . What’s SL charging now a days ?

Who pays the fines if you get busted calling the aged leads? You can’t call aged leads if they are on the DNC list.

Dave DuFord has a pretty hot telesales group going. Have you spoke with him. He provides leads in exchange for reduced commissions if you prefer that.

The telesales company is Summit Life. I believe they are one of the newer companies. I've only seen two people mention them in these boards, other than that not much is said about them.

I did not think about the aged leads and DNC call list. I figured since they were mentioned here (although just a couple of times) that they might be legit. I only saw one BBB complaint about aggressive calling/unwelcomed calls, but that's it. But with those cheap leads, I was wondering if I would be working harder to make a sell. I did like one bga's call center leads, basically the incoming calls their call center didn't have a chance to get to which those are running I think 1500 for a week or two worth of leads. Just didn't know if it would be wise for me to spend that weekly or biweekly starting out.

Last edited:
When you say "$22 or more for incoming call or tv leads" the 'or more' is what you would need to clarify. Because the tv leads will not be $22 unless you are on some sort of reduced comp setup.

I usually tell new agents to, avoid the cheaper leads where you are making outbound calls to them, because that is a harder skillset than selling a live transfer. HOWEVER, if you have already been a marketer for a year you probably already have that skillset.

Several of my old colleagues work at Summit though, and my best friend does as well. They have been there a a while and have great things to say about it.

When you say "$22 or more for incoming call or tv leads" the 'or more' is what you would need to clarify. Because the tv leads will not be $22 unless you are on some sort of reduced comp setup.

I usually tell new agents to, avoid the cheaper leads where you are making outbound calls to them, because that is a harder skillset than selling a live transfer. HOWEVER, if you have already been a marketer for a year you probably already have that skillset.

Several of my old colleagues work at Summit though, and my best friend does as well. They have been there a a while and have great things to say about it.

That's what I'm thinking, maybe that's why they said I will have to dial their leads 5 times a day. So with that said I guess that was my main question, is it worth it to work with cheap leads, I would like to work smarter and not harder.

That's what I'm thinking, maybe that's why they said I will have to dial their leads 5 times a day. So with that said I guess that was my main question, is it worth it to work with cheap leads, I would like to work smarter and not harder.

Do what successful agents do, no matter who the carrier(s) are that they write. They are working fresh, hot off the press, exclusive leads for maximum profit per hour.

Greg senior life was one of the first to do telesales but it seems like it’s exploded and possible saturation coming . 3-4 yrs ago it was all tv ,telemarketing and direct transfer Pakistani type outbound leads . Now with use of the internet by almost all low income seniors Social media type leads are very cheap at $3-$12 . Plus the use of calandary type appts is widely used . I recall reading tv leads on regular tv ( not steaming tv leads ) cost $90 or more each . What’s SL charging now a days ?

We were the absolute first agency to start FE telesales in the nation....back in 2004...over a decade before other carriers started dipping their toe in the water due to covid. Out telesales system is second to none. It will do a script check, verify routing and account numbers, even if the account balance has enough money in it to cover the premium for the draft the next day. No 3rd party interference and it uses a voice signature.

I remember introducing FE telesales up here 15 years ago. And absolutely every comment made about my posts were saying this was a failed business model, persistency would kill you, no one would trust the agent over the phone since they couldn't see the agent, and other info from agents who had never even tried telesales.

And now, a lot of these naysayers are participating in FE telesales. Imagine that.

Sr Life charges $55 per live transfer TV lead...leads just 45 sec old. Best FE lead in America for telesales. They're also great for field sales but they are further apart from each other.

Sr Life also has a brand new live transfer platform that won't be using TV commercials but a different source. These leads are only $30 each! Priced better than DM, these leads are also about 45 sec old, and you don't even have to crank up the car to waste time driving to their house.

With live transfers from these sources we never hear "we already took care of it", "we changed our mind", or "we got some last week", etc. And we also have 100% contact rate with each lead, never having to dial 5 times a day hoping they'll pick up the phone (just to say we already took care of that). No door knocking leads multiple times hoping they'll be home, and then hoping that the ones are home will even answer their door. Imagine how refreshing that is for the FE agent out there every day.

And there are zero weekly/monthly fees to reduce an agent's profitability.

Last edited:
Back