No Sense....................

cdsnuts

Guru
100+ Post Club
So I wrote an 84 yr old guy up with Foresters who had a trans policy at standard. He was paying 377/mo for the trans, he easily qualified for plan right level, same face amount for 269/mo. You would think he would have been thrilled. He just left me a message saying he doesn't want the foresters policy because he just read through it. WTF??!! This makes no sense at all. It's a better policy and it's cheaper......

I just don't understand people sometimes. I left him a message, haven't heard back. I can't wait to hear his reasons....

So I wrote an 84 yr old guy up with Foresters who had a trans policy at standard. He was paying 377/mo for the trans, he easily qualified for plan right level, same face amount for 269/mo. You would think he would have been thrilled. He just left me a message saying he doesn't want the foresters policy because he just read through it. WTF??!! This makes no sense at all. It's a better policy and it's cheaper......

I just don't understand people sometimes. I left him a message, haven't heard back. I can't wait to hear his reasons....

Maybe the other agent pointed out that it's NOT a policy...it's a certificate. Maybe you should go over that before you leave the house. I believe that you're supposed to.

----------

The other agent called him and told him to read page 16. Talks about how premiums are not guaranteed blah blah. Scare tactic agents use.

Damn.....beat me by seconds!

You're a veteran agent who made a rookie mistake here.
It happens.

Ugh. I just started using Foresters a few weeks ago. I've had them forever, just never wrote them.

What is the antidote to this? I mean, that's pretty damning that it's in writing that the premiums are not gauranteed.

I could always flip him to Americo and still save him a ton. If he's receptive to it. I won't know until I talk to him. He may very well be done with me thinking I tried to steer him wrong. You know how these old folks can get....

With these seniors, once you lose trust, it's nearly impossible to get it back. Obviously, money is not an issue with him but the fact that you omitted information to him, and the losing agent told him that, you're toast.
Even if you tell him all about Foresters and their long history of paying claims, it will be to deaf ears.

Ugh. I just started using Foresters a few weeks ago. I've had them forever, just never wrote them.

What is the antidote to this? I mean, that's pretty damning that it's in writing that the premiums are not gauranteed.

I could always flip him to Americo and still save him a ton. If he's receptive to it. I won't know until I talk to him. He may very well be done with me thinking I tried to steer him wrong. You know how these old folks can get....

If it is damning, it is not because it is in writing, it is becasue that is the way it is.

Last edited:

The premiums are guaranteed and no one will find in the certificate that they are not.

But they are fraternal and fraternals have to put the assesment possibility in the poliy. The other agent used that against you since you didn't explain it.

----------

If it is damning, it is not because it is in writing, it is becasue that is the way it is.

That's not the way it is and you know better. I challeng you right now to prove your allegation that the premiums are not guaranteed.

Back