Our Dumbest Customer Screw Ups

Most of our prospects have done well by claiming to be sick

Hard to break them of that mindset

Most of their adult life their income was based on being "sick"

So they wanna be a "yes" to health questions

Three for four years ago, I wrote up a guy who had an adult movie paused on the TV mid-stream in his Elvis memorabilia collection room.

It was pretty funny - I was sitting there talking with him, and his TV screen-saver went off or whatever... and... boom! There it was....!

He had a pretty firm handshake.

No way I'd be shaking that hand!!! :no: :nah: :no: :twitchy:

Review the applicants drugs and they answer all of the questions on the app no. During the PHI it was found that they were recently prescribed Nitro so the company declined the case. Hang up and ask about it and they reply " I filled it, but I haven't taken one yet."

Most of our prospects have done well by claiming to be sick

Hard to break them of that mindset

Most of their adult life their income was based on being "sick"

So they wanna be a "yes" to health questions

That is part of it. Also, part of it is that they are generally uneducated, want to be honest and don't understand the distinction between, "Did you take insulin prior to age...?" and "Do you take insulin?"

I hear people all the time go, "I'm a diabetic" to any question that even touches on diabetes.

I have always found the best approach, especially the older the person, is to thank them for their honesty and then help clarify the question for them. On a PHI, I never tell the person they did anything wrong, I simply thank them in a genuine way and then help them answer correctly. And sometimes, they are honestly saying yes because they didn't understand the question when I asked it earlier.

That's so awesome that he fell

Not so much. I had a client fall and break her hip a few weeks ago. Done writing the app, and she was heading back in the bedroom to grab something. Got up to fast and tripped on the chair. I literally heard her bone snap when she hit the ground. I did come prepared though......... I was training a new agent who just happened to be a firefighter/Paramedic. I let him handle the whole situation, but the end result was us having to turn the lights off and lock up the house as she left in an ambulance.

Attachments

• IMG_0664.jpg
    IMG_0664.jpg
    940.7 KB · Views: 71
Not so much. I had a client fall and break her hip a few weeks ago. Done writing the app, and she was heading back in the bedroom to grab something. Got up to fast and tripped on the chair. I literally heard her bone snap when she hit the ground. I did come prepared though......... I was training a new agent who just happened to be a firefighter/Paramedic. I let him handle the whole situation, but the end result was us having to turn the lights off and lock up the house as she left in an ambulance.

Hahaha, who's that sitting there in just a towel? Did you give her a physical?:laugh:

Kuhn - did she stay on the books?

So far, but that's only been 2 payments as it just happened before the holidays. Ive tried to call and check on her but cant get ahold of her. My guess is that she's rehabbing somewhere.
Then the very next week I had another crash and burn on me. She went off to get her meds and was taking forever. I was sitting in the kitchen and started to hear very faint, muffled cries for help. Had go throughout the house searching for her. Found her upside down in a bedrooom closet. She tripped on the edge of the bed and crashed through the closet door. Helped her up, no broken bones, but had a gash on her leg bleeding buckets so I had to get her all bandaged up. I have pictures of that one too but I won't share as they are bloody.

----------

Hahaha, who's that sitting there in just a towel? Did you give her a physical?:laugh:

That's her. She has a "house coat" on. Saw more more than what I wanted to, but was in emergency mode at that time so neither one of us really cared.

It was a bad 2 week stretch!

Back