Settlers Bronze Agent Restrictions

ExProgrammer

Guru
100+ Post Club
The footnote for Bronze/Bronze II in the Settlers Agent Guide:

"The Bronze and Bronze II plans are provided to you as an accommodation for use when you are in the home and can write one or more family members on the Silver II, Silver or Gold, but another family member has a health condition that would disqualify him/her for these plans. The Bronze Plans provide you with a plan you can offer the person with a poor or serious health condition in order to offer insurance to everyone in the household. We expect that these will be exceptional sales and a minimum portion of your business (less than 20% of your applications issued).
Important Note: These Bronze/Bronze II plans are not intended for residents of nursing facilities or those who are not mentally competent to contract, unless someone having insurable interest or fiduciary responsibility can contract on their behalf.
"

The percentage of apps for Settlers Bronze plans has been discussed recently, but when I looked at the Settlers Agent Guide I noticed that it is their intention is to make it even more restrictive than simply being less than 20% of issued applications. I was surprised. That makes it even more interesting that agents can seemingly bypass the rules without Settlers kicking them out or complaining.

Am I the only one that's noticed that? Am I the only one who cares? Should I care? Does anyone know of other companies offering a policy that they prefer be sold only on an exceptional basis?

The footnote for Bronze/Bronze II in the Settlers Agent Guide: "The Bronze and Bronze II plans are provided to you as an accommodation for use when you are in the home and can write one or more family members on the Silver II, Silver or Gold, but another family member has a health condition that would disqualify him/her for these plans. The Bronze Plans provide you with a plan you can offer the person with a poor or serious health condition in order to offer insurance to everyone in the household. We expect that these will be exceptional sales and a minimum portion of your business (less than 20% of your applications issued). Important Note: These Bronze/Bronze II plans are not intended for residents of nursing facilities or those who are not mentally competent to contract, unless someone having insurable interest or fiduciary responsibility can contract on their behalf." The percentage of apps for Settlers Bronze plans has been discussed recently, but when I looked at the Settlers Agent Guide I noticed that it is their intention is to make it even more restrictive than simply being less than 20% of issued applications. I was surprised. That makes it even more interesting that agents can seemingly bypass the rules without Settlers kicking them out or complaining. Am I the only one that's noticed that? Am I the only one who cares? Should I care? Does anyone know of other companies offering a policy that they prefer be sold only on an exceptional basis?

Programmer, you are thinking like a programmer.

Just get out of the office and go get in front of some people. If you happen to get someone who wants coverage that can't qualify for a regular policy and they aren't currently in a hospital or nursing home and don't have AIDS, Settlers Bronze is one of your options along with Gerber and Great Western. If they are mentally incompetent, have their legal guardian sign.

If you get too heavy on Bronze in your Settlers product mix, you will have to quit writing Bronze.

The footnote for Bronze/Bronze II in the Settlers Agent Guide:

"The Bronze and Bronze II plans are provided to you as an accommodation for use when you are in the home and can write one or more family members on the Silver II, Silver or Gold, but another family member has a health condition that would disqualify him/her for these plans. The Bronze Plans provide you with a plan you can offer the person with a poor or serious health condition in order to offer insurance to everyone in the household. We expect that these will be exceptional sales and a minimum portion of your business (less than 20% of your applications issued).
Important Note: These Bronze/Bronze II plans are not intended for residents of nursing facilities or those who are not mentally competent to contract, unless someone having insurable interest or fiduciary responsibility can contract on their behalf.
"

The percentage of apps for Settlers Bronze plans has been discussed recently, but when I looked at the Settlers Agent Guide I noticed that it is their intention is to make it even more restrictive than simply being less than 20% of issued applications. I was surprised. That makes it even more interesting that agents can seemingly bypass the rules without Settlers kicking them out or complaining.

Am I the only one that's noticed that? Am I the only one who cares? Should I care? Does anyone know of other companies offering a policy that they prefer be sold only on an exceptional basis?

I second Scott - time to start selling.

I say that because in reality, one would only sell Settler's Bronze product in the most atypical situations, usually when you want paid-up coverage.

More commonly will you sell Great Western, Gerber, or Security National when you are dealing with those prospects that have "nine out of ten toes in the grave."

why write a company who restricts how much of a certain product you can sell???

Better options out there. Lots of "fishes" in the sea

The lady I have in mind for this is on dialysis but only 47, so I can't do Gerber, and I have to give SNL up until March because my former upline guy won't release me. So I'm tempted to tell her about the MoO phone number for GI I've seen people post about. Looks like she'd pay $27 for it versus $41 for Settlers Bronze. Her sister is actually the lead. She no showed last time but sounded serious about both of them getting insurance when I go see them tomorrow. I should be able to get SLAC for the sister.

I wasn't really worried about the restriction thing, which really seems amusing. Just curious and wondered if other companies did/said similar things about certain policies.

I'm trying not to think too much like a programmer. But I did it for such a long time.

As far as Great Western, I didn't know if I could sign up with them. I don't know if I need them. Maybe Newby knows.

The lady I have in mind for this is on dialysis but only 47, so I can't do Gerber, and I have to give SNL up until March because my former upline guy won't release me. So I'm tempted to tell her about the MoO phone number for GI I've seen people post about. Looks like she'd pay $27 for it versus $41 for Settlers Bronze. Her sister is actually the lead. She no showed last time but sounded serious about both of them getting insurance when I go see them tomorrow. I should be able to get SLAC for the sister.

I wasn't really worried about the restriction thing, which really seems amusing. Just curious and wondered if other companies did/said similar things about certain policies.

I'm trying not to think too much like a programmer. But I did it for such a long time.

As far as Great Western, I didn't know if I could sign up with them. I don't know if I need them. Maybe Newby knows.

Yes. I would recommend that everyone have Great Western.

I would not recommend that any agent refer GI business over to MOO unless you are 99% certain that they will die within your chargeback period with your other GI companies.

I know Jd likes to refer folks but I have to wonder how many prospects we were to refer to MoO would actually make the call and buy it.

It's not like our people are known for procrastinating.

I know Jd likes to refer folks but I have to wonder how many prospects we were to refer to MoO would actually make the call and buy it.

It's not like our people are known for procrastinating.

It's not that I like to refer then to MoO. It's just business that I don't want. And I never had a product that was a good as MoO's. Now I do. In fact, it's better. So I do write some now.

As far as the one that followed through and actually bought the MoO? Almost none of them

It's not that I like to refer then to MoO. It's just business that I don't want. And I never had a product that was a good as MoO's. Now I do. In fact, it's better. So I do write some now.

As far as the one that followed through and actually bought the MoO? Almost none of them

Why don't/didn't you want the business? Which product is better than MoO's?

----------

Yes. I would recommend that everyone have Great Western.

I would not recommend that any agent refer GI business over to MOO unless you are 99% certain that they will die within your chargeback period with your other GI companies.

I haven't met her yet but since she's just 47 I doubt if she'll die within the chargeback period. I just felt like I should save her the $14 per month. Some of these folks aren't well to do, as you well know.

Back