Survey For DOOR TO DOOR!

If you had the choice to wake up tomorrow, still having to pay for life insurance....or, not wake up tomorrow and be inadequately covered, which would you choose?

What happened to the other 4 surveys?

Critical Illness....No Money....No Need = Waste Of Time to set up an appointment.

This is what I am seeing is the benefit of the survey. I can pre-qualify, and determined need, affordability, health, tabacco, etc. When the appointment is set they know I am coming with the quote and the application.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I am curious if there is a way to have one of the questions be somewhat humorous? I'm not suggesting you read it every time for every prospect but I have found quite a few prospects who open up and welcome a little humor.

EXAMPLE: If you could choose between the power of invisibility, x-ray vision or super speed, what would it be?

They don't even have to answer the question, when they get that crazy look or even start to answer you could interject. If you think it is a stupid idea just say so but I always found a little laughter goes a long way. It could be your last question on the list, first or somewhere in the middle. Whenever you think it might be right to throw it in. :idea:

I'm not witty when it comes to humor in a conversation. I almost have to pre-plan humor unlike Frank. Frank is a fairly funny guy when you get to talking to him. One of the reasons I think he has done so well.

It is definately an option

Last edited:
Jmatos, what's your criteria for picking which doors you knock?

Apartments, Trailer Parks, the much poorer working class areas, where most agents are not willing to knock. I suppose you could use the survey anywhere, and I intend to test the tool on other other higher class areas. However, we must realize that you cant sell life insurance to someone that doesnt have a need. POOR PEOPLE ALWAYS NEED LIFE INSURANCE. I sell Term and Final Expense policies. These are the type of people that I market, but the survey could be tailored to fit any niche. Personally I get along better with this market. Works for me, but may not work for everyone.

I am curious if there is a way to have one of the questions be somewhat humorous? I'm not suggesting you read it every time for every prospect but I have found quite a few prospects who open up and welcome a little humor.

EXAMPLE: If you could choose between the power of invisibility, x-ray vision or super speed, what would it be?

They don't even have to answer the question, when they get that crazy look or even start to answer you could interject. If you think it is a stupid idea just say so but I always found a little laughter goes a long way. It could be your last question on the list, first or somewhere in the middle. Whenever you think it might be right to throw it in. :idea:

I'm not witty when it comes to humor in a conversation. I almost have to pre-plan humor unlike Frank. Frank is a fairly funny guy when you get to talking to him. One of the reasons I think he has done so well.

Using humor always lightens up the conversation. When I'm asking health questions and I get to the one that asks if they have used tobacco in the last 12 months, and I'm talking to a sweet little old lady who says "Oh my, I would never use tobacco" I always say, "Well I guess you finally stopped chewing then". I have never had one that didn't get a big laugh out of it.

Using humor always lightens up the conversation. When I'm asking health questions and I get to the one that asks if they have used tobacco in the last 12 months, and I'm talking to a sweet little old lady who says "Oh my, I would never use tobacco" I always say, "Well I guess you finally stopped chewing then". I have never had one that didn't get a big laugh out of it.

I think humor would have its place in the interview itself, but as the person suggested above, I am not sure it would be good to do it during the survey. Selling and qualifying the appointment, is what is being done during the survey, and I think it would be important for people to take you serious at that time. Just my thoughts.

Most of your final expense companies will give you these as marketing tools. Foresters, monumental, others. Check with them. Honestly, I havent even been telling them about the free booklet. I still get the interview, and save my resources. Works well.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Update on Survey Results.....

I did 9 surveys today.

1 Sale (a referral from this one sale)
3 appointments for tomorrow
1 call back on tomorrow for a quote

That's amazing. 2 days, 2 life sales. With those kind of results, you're going to be rolling in it soon! Congrats

What time do you think is best. When I did the P & C door to door I did mid afternoon and got obviously a lot of women and elderly. I need to focus on Life more and wanted to see what times you think would be best to see results?

Went out door knocking for seniors 65 +. My results in 3 hrs. 30 doors taked to about 20 people got an appoint to replace a Mutual of Omha med supp. It was a nice day everyone was friendly going back out Fri & Sat for about 3-4 hrs. per day. I also get a list of yard sales and hit them on Saturdays I got a sale last week plus found some good deals.

Went out door knocking for seniors 65 +. My results in 3 hrs. 30 doors taked to about 20 people got an appoint to replace a Mutual of Omha med supp. It was a nice day everyone was friendly going back out Fri & Sat for about 3-4 hrs. per day. I also get a list of yard sales and hit them on Saturdays I got a sale last week plus found some good deals.

If you can average writing one app a day you will be a very successful agent and your bank account will show it.

Back