Trans/Monumental App

noah

Guru
1000 Post Club
In my state,their 45-85 app,including the replacement,supp form is 14 pages.

When writing with other carriers,an agent can do this with often less than 1/2 of that amount if pages.

Why so many pages with Trans/Monumental ?

Does this cause them to lose business ?

Sent from the FE Universe

In my state,their 45-85 app,including the replacement,supp form is 14 pages. When writing with other carriers,an agent can do this with often less than 1/2 of that amount if pages. Why so many pages with Trans/Monumental ? Does this cause them to lose business ? Sent from the FE Universe

Argon is run/owned by a bunch of lawyers. I keep saying if another, half way not crazy insurance company with a much smaller business prevention department would create a product identical to Trans', they would be rich. Trans has spent hundreds of thousands of dollars getting that product to where they need it to be UW wise. That would save another company that money and they would steal all their business imo.

But what do I know.

And yes, if I don't have to send Trans business I wouldn't. I hate them with a passion, but if you use a large amount of TM leads you will run into sickies and crazies a lot and they cover too many niches not to write. My go to is FB, but I've written more Trans than anyone this year. So many headaches lol.

Argon is run/owned by a bunch of lawyers. I keep saying if another, half way not crazy insurance company with a much smaller business prevention department would create a product identical to Trans', they would be rich. Trans has spent hundreds of thousands of dollars getting that product to where they need it to be UW wise. That would save another company that money and they would steal all their business imo.

But what do I know.

And yes, if I don't have to send Trans business I wouldn't. I hate them with a passion, but if you use a large amount of TM leads you will run into sickies and crazies a lot and they cover too many niches not to write. My go to is FB, but I've written more Trans than anyone this year. So many headaches lol.

Transamerica = "Wal-Mart of Insurance"

I don't know anyone who LOVES Wal-Mart; the staff, the crowds - but people STILL go for convenience and pricing.

Bandits like LH,S.like to brag about not running an mib,1 page app.

Agents,people in general in this country are historically lazy. More paperwork,forms to fill out means more time and more room for mistakes.

Carriers that have a simpler process of paperwork,forms will naturally attract more business,right ?

I have had to put a fair amount of business through Trans the last 2 months. So inconsistent. I have had to call on a few polices several times, give the same updates on those files. Took 3 weeks on 4 policies and they have been approved just need the policies to get del requirements signed. They claim they mailed them a week ago, and I still don't have them. I talk to 1 person and they say they mailed to me, talk to another and they say they mailed to client, all I know is neither of us have them.

Wrote 3 this week that were approved and paid within 48 hours.

They are a pain!

In my state,their 45-85 app,including the replacement,supp form is 14 pages.

When writing with other carriers,an agent can do this with often less than 1/2 of that amount if pages.

Why so many pages with Trans/Monumental ?

Does this cause them to lose business ?

Sent from the FE Universe

After you do it once it is as easy as any other app. IMHO. Just do what they want and expect the first time or two to be a learning experience.just more signatures.

Last edited:
TA/Monumental's ridiculous and ongoing changes in forms---goof ups on apps and billing--has cost me more business than I ever wrote with them

If you have a proposed with several health issues, in some cases they will offer Standard and others offer Graded

SNL in essence has one page front and back app---and one other page with Rx authorizatiion and Payment. Great rates, Co-op money and almost never turns anyone down.

Just a few dozen better choices than TA/Monumental

TA/Monumental's ridiculous and ongoing changes in forms---goof ups on apps and billing--has cost me more business than I ever wrote with them

If you have a proposed with several health issues, in some cases they will offer Standard and others offer Graded

SNL in essence has one page front and back app---and one other page with Rx authorizatiion and Payment. Great rates, Co-op money and almost never turns anyone down.

Just a few dozen better choices than TA/Monumental

yes but many will argue, with SNL your pi needs to be very healthy or pretty much the walking dead, no real in between variables for coverage. Its either 1st day coverage preferred or in some cases even standard with insulin use or straight ROP. As an example I wrote a lady that would have for sure been rop with SNL, she is now standard with TA. Just the facts.

Ya agreed----thats why I said to keep them as an alternate

I get almost NO underwriting issues with SNL---they take almost everything I write

Americo had the most absurd underwriting ever--NEVER use them any more

The carrier I could never get anyone accepted---was OXFORD

Back