True Stage

You only pay attention to what you want. I've said since I've been on this forum that I did telesales.

Nor have I said that telesales is a failed adventure. I had many conversations with Frank Statsny about medicare by phone and he was very successful at it.

I sold mostly term using the Dayne Vickers system. I learned a lot form Mr Vickers.

FE telesales? That's a different story.

Actually, you didn't say it was a failed adventure, I think you said FE telesales was a failed concept or something to that liking....may not be your exact words, but you have said it well more than once.

Once again I ask...what product were you "successful" at selling over the phone?

I didn't say I didn't mention him first. I said he attacked me first.

"I first started posting here a little over 14 years ago. Greg was recruiting 24/7 then. He's recruiting 24/7 now. Why does he continually have to recruit if this SL offer is viable?"

So you don't think this was any kind of attack, huh? Well, it certainly isn't like calling his mother a puta or something, so I'll give you that.

Yes, I'm saying that you don't know much about telemarketing. Just because you can't do it by phone doesn't mean that it can't be done. That's all I'm trying to say.

Some agents are made to sell by phone. Some, not so much. Especially for the ones that don't think it can be done.

I said correctly,not “can’t be done.”

You only pay attention to what you want. I've said since I've been on this forum that I did telesales.

Nor have I said that telesales is a failed adventure. I had many conversations with Frank Statsny about medicare by phone and he was very successful at it.

I sold mostly term using the Dayne Vickers system. I learned a lot form Mr Vickers.

FE telesales? That's a different story.

You have always said it’s easier to sell life insurance to people who already have a policy.

How can a telesales agent review the coverage and make comparisons over the phone to put the client in a better situation?

You have always said it’s easier to sell life insurance to people who already have a policy.

How can a telesales agent review the coverage and make comparisons over the phone to put the client in a better situation?

It's very difficult, if not impossible.

For example, last week I met with a lady that had a gerber, a CP, a Ga Life and mofo. Total of $30K coverage paying $225/mo. Took an hour and a half calling all those companies and getting details.

Wrote her one $30K policy for $170/mo to replace all of those. And she's getting about $3K cash. Could that have been done by phone? Maybe? Doubtful though.

Today I ran across a 3 year old AmMem for $25K face. Paying $180/mo. Recently an AmMem agent visited her and wrote her another $5K AmMem for $50 or so a month. She gets a call later saying that she is maxed out with AmMem at $25K so they won't let the new one go through. But not to worry, he has a better deal. He writes her $5K with AmAm for $50 or so a month. She now has $30K with 2 companies for $230/mo. I replace both of those with one $30K policy for $165/mo. She's getting almost $400 from AmMem.

Could that have been done by phone? Maybe? Doubful!

Of course the phone sales gurus say you are doing a dis service to the client to save them that kind of money. And that it takes no skill. :1wink::D

Actually, you didn't say it was a failed adventure, I think you said FE telesales was a failed concept or something to that liking....may not be your exact words, but you have said it well more than once.

Once again I ask...what product were you "successful" at selling over the phone?
I think what he said was FE telesales is a "failed business model for the AGENT" ..

Bottom line there’s many more successful people selling fe over the phone than 2-4 yrs ago . Part of that is because Competitively priced CO’s like Trinity and trans who formerly didn’t sell over the phone do so now .Jd’s said many times 50% plus of his business is replacement . There’s hardly a house you go in with a policy 5 yrs or newer you can’t replace with kskj on price alone . If the policys 7-15 yrs old “miss Jones I can give you the same coverage for $5 more a month but you get $3k cash back” . Hardly a person won’t switch .

But understand In Kentucky there’s no contest ability when you replace those plans . That’s big big big . I can’t tell you how many people in iffy health I’ve walked away from with 5-10 yr old policys . I probably would have gotten the policy threw but if they died in first 2 years I know the company would have searched high and low to deny .

Back