Trinity/ FB and Hep C

KCBell73

Expert
Meeting with a 51yo woman in the morning who has declared she has hep c. I don't qualify over the phone so I don't know when diagnosed or current treatment. Looking over Trinity App it asks if they have begun treatment for or been diagnosed over the past 24 months. If she is on the meds I know it's a knock out. But if not And diagnosis over 24 months ago she'd still be preferred. Right?

Meeting with a 51yo woman in the morning who has declared she has hep c. I don't qualify over the phone so I don't know when diagnosed or current treatment. Looking over Trinity App it asks if they have begun treatment for or been diagnosed over the past 24 months. If she is on the meds I know it's a knock out. But if not And diagnosis over 24 months ago she'd still be preferred. Right?

It's a 24 month question for Trinity, but a forever question with FB. The only UW difference I know of.

Liberty Bankers will take them Standard, which is an immediate benefit if they are taking treatment. They will also take them if treatment has been completed and the client has achieved a zero viral count.

"Have you ever been diagnosed or treated by a licensed member of the medical profession with:

2. Organ transplant (other than corneal), untreated Hepatitis C, kidney failure or dialysis, amputation due to diabetic complications, multiple sclerosis, muscular dystrophy, mental retardation, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) or Lou Gehrig’s disease, Downs’s syndrome, cystic fibrosis or Huntington’s disease?"

Liberty Bankers will take them Standard, which is an immediate benefit if they are taking treatment. They will also take them if treatment has been completed and the client has achieved a zero viral count.

"Have you ever been diagnosed or treated by a licensed member of the medical profession with:

2. Organ transplant (other than corneal), untreated Hepatitis C, kidney failure or dialysis, amputation due to diabetic complications, multiple sclerosis, muscular dystrophy, mental retardation, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) or Lou Gehrig’s disease, Downs’s syndrome, cystic fibrosis or Huntington’s disease?"

Good to know. I just recently was advised to apply for a contract with liberty bankers. Guess this helps me decide.

HEP C is a niche for AMERICO....Eagle (between UP1-2 rates).

If you are in a State (ex: PA) where Eagle is not approved. Look to UP2.

If the client is currently being treated for Hep C with either Interferon or on Dialysis, do you think Americo will approve them for the UP2?

If the client is currently being treated for Hep C with either Interferon or on Dialysis, do you think Americo will approve them for the UP2?

Usually you do not see Hep C treatment with Dialysis as it is more for Kidney Treatment and Hep is a Liver issue and treated mostly with MEDS.

You still have to look to Americo's Drug lists and the super secrete Point system they have for cumulative effect when it comes to Drugs.

Interferon for Hep C will always be UP3/Eagle Guaranteed Issue as this is a very aggressive med/injection for Hep C

Usually you do not see Hep C treatment with Dialysis as it is more for Kidney Treatment and Hep is a Liver issue and treated mostly with MEDS.

You still have to look to Americo's Drug lists and the super secrete Point system they have for cumulative effect when it comes to Drugs.

Interferon for Hep C will always be UP3/Eagle Guaranteed Issue as this is a very aggressive med/injection for Hep C

I do tend to mix up the liver and kidney conditions.

The whole ideal of trying to get a client approved with Americo's UP2 for a condition like Hep C sounds great. Unfortunately, it is a shot in the dark with them and that's why I just send my Hep C people to SNL. Graded or not, I know it will be approved as applied for and I don't have to worry about turning the client off by going back to resell them.

I wrote a UP2 last week that was a perfect candidate with HepC and liver disease, wasn't treated for anything else. Was only on 4 meds. It was declined.
I think I know where the problem lies; the computer sees Furosemide and Spironolactone and assumes CHF, even though the drug guide says that the are both clear for UP2 when used for the liver. Guy has no heart issues and has never even seen a cardiologist.

I am in the process of climbing the ladder to have them take another look at it, but I already know what the result will be; doesn't pass the secret underwriting requirements.

Back