A prospect that wants just enough for cremation

With some respect I'm going to try to say this without flaming or shamming you:
1. Don't be a clipboard Quoter. Any monkey can quote prices, be a salesman and SELL YOUR CASE, build your case before you get into price.
2. Who ever trained you needs a good bitch-slapping. He or she handicapped your income by not teaching you how to "SELL NEED" That is to say, everyone has a number preconceived in their mind. It's our job to trivialize that number, knock them off their chair with shock over seeing a huge number then settling somewhere in between.
3. If you haven't sold YOURSELF prior to this your going to have a very hard time... Learn how to sell yourself as an authoritative pro. This is a very important step that many miss in the sales process.
4. Try not to listen or buy into their excuses or mantras. We all catch ourselves buying into their story when they should be buying into ours, it happens to the best of all of us. Hold the line and do all you can to stay on your sales-plan (hope you have one, If not there is more bitch-slapping for your trainer LOL). If you haven't established control of the conversation your prospect will lead you as if you have a ring in your nose. This gets back to salesmanship 101 or 102.

Hope this helps but also understand we ALL take the good with the bad, the big with the little ones. I have written $300 a month deals and $20 a month plans but always start BIG, you want them to choke on the first price, as it's much easier to come down than it is to GO UP !

In FE I always show $25k face premium as the price first. Why? If you never show $25k YOU'LL NEVER SELL ONE. (Now also understand, I would much rather sell five cases at $5k for the obvious agent reasons....)

On the bright side, ring the bell, you sold a case... Never feel bad about that.

Good Luck
Gee.. You mean I have been doing every thing totally wrong for 50 years? :twitchy: In response to number two, selling "needs" is where the problem comes in. They only "need" enough to pay for cremation. They have the house paid for and no debt but no real cash on hand.

Thanks for your response.

Where you throw crap against the wall (leader board) and hope some of it sticks?
Or pull out then phone and start writing names in your "Info-Mat" so it will look like you made a lot of calls during the week. Had to have that thing full for Friday morning roll call.. Didn't matter if you were blank or if you had a spectacular week, you were expected to have 40 names in that thing.

With some respect I'm going to try to say this without flaming or shamming you:
1. Don't be a clipboard Quoter. Any monkey can quote prices, be a salesman and SELL YOUR CASE, build your case before you get into price.
2. Who ever trained you needs a good bitch-slapping. He or she handicapped your income by not teaching you how to "SELL NEED" That is to say, everyone has a number preconceived in their mind. It's our job to trivialize that number, knock them off their chair with shock over seeing a huge number then settling somewhere in between.
3. If you haven't sold YOURSELF prior to this your going to have a very hard time... Learn how to sell yourself as an authoritative pro. This is a very important step that many miss in the sales process.
4. Try not to listen or buy into their excuses or mantras. We all catch ourselves buying into their story when they should be buying into ours, it happens to the best of all of us. Hold the line and do all you can to stay on your sales-plan (hope you have one, If not there is more bitch-slapping for your trainer LOL). If you haven't established control of the conversation your prospect will lead you as if you have a ring in your nose. This gets back to salesmanship 101 or 102.

Hope this helps but also understand we ALL take the good with the bad, the big with the little ones. I have written $300 a month deals and $20 a month plans but always start BIG, you want them to choke on the first price, as it's much easier to come down than it is to GO UP !

In FE I always show $25k face premium as the price first. Why? If you never show $25k YOU'LL NEVER SELL ONE. (Now also understand, I would much rather sell five cases at $5k for the obvious agent reasons....)

On the bright side, ring the bell, you sold a case... Never feel bad about that.

Good Luck

Hope I can say this without shamming you too much. You come off as a Buy here Pay here used car salesman.

Hope I can say this without shamming you too much. You come off as a Buy here Pay here used car salesman.

I couldn't figure out who you guys were responding to then I saw "see ignored content" underneath the posts. I put that dude on ignore about five seconds after he showed up in the forum. I took him off ignore at the beginning of the year when I purged my block list. He went back on almost as fast as knobby.

Back