It Seems More and More People Not Answering the Phone.Door Knocking Might Be the Wave of the Future

Wow its getting hard to get people to answer the phone with DM leads.I'm wondering if the FE business might become a door knocking business in the future. It just seems if people don't recognize a #they won't answer the phone.

It's about as tough as it's always been.

Naturally, results vary; sometimes, I'll get most of the list to pick up -- other times, it seems no one picks up.

Have you tried calling with different numbers? We rotate numbers out regularly; you can register multiple Gmail accounts and sign up for their free Google Voice service, and get multiple numbers that way.

Calling at different times of the day and on weekends will boost pick-up rates.

I've had appt setters and the problem is they waste 1/2 the leads by saying "person not interested" because they're not fighting for the appt and giving up on the first no.With so many people on the dnc list when somebody sees a strange # they know it's a telemarketing type call.And I think spur city's wife calls for him which is huge as he's not only not getting the leads wasted but I assure you the quality of his appts is 100 times better than a regular Tm person as they communicate constantly.She has a vested interest to work every lead big time.

Just set your caller ID to read Oprah W prize distribution and they all seem to pick up the phone.

Works 9 out of 10 times? I GUARANTEE you it doesn't work that often. You are forgetting the obstacles that door knocking brings about: -The people that aren't home -The people that are home, looking through the peephole, but won't open the door -The people that will only yell through the screen door at you but NEVER let you in -The people that live in gated areas (few, but there are areas where it's more prevalent) -The people that get mad because you showed up to their house ...AND MANY MORE... I've done this business MANY DIFFERENT ways. ONLY door knocking (SEVERAL CONSECUTIVE MONTHS I did it this way ONLY) ONLY SET APPTS (SEVERAL CONSECUTIVE MONTHS I did it this way ONLY). And I have, of course, done a combo of both. My findings: Door knocking was the LEAST EFFICIENT and effective way of doing business for me. I made the least amount of AP running business using this strategy. You can spend a whole day door knocking, knock 20+ doors and not get a single sit. To door knockings defense, I NEVER door knocked with more than 30 leads per week. A BETTER way of doing this business for me was a combo of BOTH. Still working with 30 leads, I would call to set as many appointments as possible and door knock those that hang up or didn't have phone numbers ect...I found that my AP improved and found it was a more efficient way to conduct business. The BEST way I have found to do this business, is the way I have been working lately. I have been getting more leads than ever before (40/week). I'm having 10K weeks on a regular basis now and I have completely stopped door knocking. More often than not, I don't have enough time in the day and when I do find cracks of time, I'm too lazy/tired to expel the extra needed effort it would take to door knock. I started working again Jan 5th and I am currently at 32K so far for the month using the ALL SET APPTS strategy. Am I leaving $ on the table? Absolutely, but since I'm running approx 6-8 appointments a day, 5-6 days a week and averaging about 10K/week I don't find it necessary to door knock. I'm making the MOST AP using this strategy and I am the MORE EFFICIENT while employing this strategy. Yes, I'm also spending the most using this strategy BUT my ROI is at its highest running it this way. It's hard to give up my ALMOST GUARANTEED $1,500-$2,000 day for a day of blind door knocking. When I have 7 appointments, I have a pretty good idea what my day should end up like. Something close to this: 3 appts= $500+...1 no show/reschedule...2 sits...1 sale (1-2 applications usually) 5 appts= $1,000+...2 no shows/reschedules...3 sits...2 sales (2-3 applications usually) 7 appts= $1,500+...3 no shows/reschedules...4 sits...3 sales (3-5 applications usually) (The more appointments I have the higher the likelihood I will have at least 1 husband and wife sale for the day from that 1 appointment) I don't know if I can keep up this pace for long BUT I'll run like this until I can't. Probably only until the end of February when I will be called for duty...DADDY DUTY that is!

I should have been clearer. 9 out of 10 times when someone answers the door.

Don't send out DM in areas with a gate (not the typical FE clients).

If you show the original DM card, it'll increase your chances getting in the house.

I call whenever the prospect isn't home. I try to schedule an appointment when timing is bad after knocking.

Lol that's total bs 9 out of 10 let you in the house when they answer the door. Maybe if you pt a gun at them. I stick by the thread I did 6 months ago"The dirty little secret of Fe " that got over 400 responses. From terrible persistency to huge lead costs to charge back hell very few people net money in this game and even get past the first yr.Sure you can write a ton of business but what sticks?Then if you write a ton of business you got a lot of service work that prevents you from selling.

Lol that's total bs 9 out of 10 let you in the house when they answer the door. Maybe if you pt a gun at them. I stick by the thread I did 6 months ago"The dirty little secret of Fe " that got over 400 responses. From terrible persistency to huge lead costs to charge back hell very few people net money in this game and even get past the first yr.Sure you can write a ton of business but what sticks?Then if you write a ton of business you got a lot of service work that prevents you from selling.

If it is so bad, why are you doing it?:skeptical:

Works 9 out of 10 times? I GUARANTEE you it doesn't work that often. You are forgetting the obstacles that door knocking brings about: -The people that aren't home -The people that are home, looking through the peephole, but won't open the door -The people that will only yell through the screen door at you but NEVER let you in -The people that live in gated areas (few, but there are areas where it's more prevalent) -The people that get mad because you showed up to their house ...AND MANY MORE... I've done this business MANY DIFFERENT ways. ONLY door knocking (SEVERAL CONSECUTIVE MONTHS I did it this way ONLY) ONLY SET APPTS (SEVERAL CONSECUTIVE MONTHS I did it this way ONLY). And I have, of course, done a combo of both. My findings: Door knocking was the LEAST EFFICIENT and effective way of doing business for me. I made the least amount of AP running business using this strategy. You can spend a whole day door knocking, knock 20+ doors and not get a single sit. To door knockings defense, I NEVER door knocked with more than 30 leads per week. A BETTER way of doing this business for me was a combo of BOTH. Still working with 30 leads, I would call to set as many appointments as possible and door knock those that hang up or didn't have phone numbers ect...I found that my AP improved and found it was a more efficient way to conduct business. The BEST way I have found to do this business, is the way I have been working lately. I have been getting more leads than ever before (40/week). I'm having 10K weeks on a regular basis now and I have completely stopped door knocking. More often than not, I don't have enough time in the day and when I do find cracks of time, I'm too lazy/tired to expel the extra needed effort it would take to door knock. I started working again Jan 5th and I am currently at 32K so far for the month using the ALL SET APPTS strategy. Am I leaving $ on the table? Absolutely, but since I'm running approx 6-8 appointments a day, 5-6 days a week and averaging about 10K/week I don't find it necessary to door knock. I'm making the MOST AP using this strategy and I am the MORE EFFICIENT while employing this strategy. Yes, I'm also spending the most using this strategy BUT my ROI is at its highest running it this way. It's hard to give up my ALMOST GUARANTEED $1,500-$2,000 day for a day of blind door knocking. When I have 7 appointments, I have a pretty good idea what my day should end up like. Something close to this: 3 appts= $500+...1 no show/reschedule...2 sits...1 sale (1-2 applications usually) 5 appts= $1,000+...2 no shows/reschedules...3 sits...2 sales (2-3 applications usually) 7 appts= $1,500+...3 no shows/reschedules...4 sits...3 sales (3-5 applications usually) (The more appointments I have the higher the likelihood I will have at least 1 husband and wife sale for the day from that 1 appointment) I don't know if I can keep up this pace for long BUT I'll run like this until I can't. Probably only until the end of February when I will be called for duty...DADDY DUTY that is!

Great post, keep on sharing your wisdom.

How many out of 10 would you say let you in?

I would go with 7.5-8 out of 10.

P.S. I'm now on my 20th year and been profitable every year. I agree with a lot of what you are saying but it doesn't have to be that way.

As far as the first question I'm slowly diversifying to selling gul,med sups and annuities.Im getting tired of selling people with so little ability to pay. I'm getting tired of coming home with my clothes smelling of smoke and cat piss.Im tired of seeing people with copd and on oxygen still smoking.Newby since you've been in the business so long and so med supps you can pick and choose your clients. And it sure don't hurt your making a bundle in overides. But what attracted me to Fe is quick payment of commissions .Many Guls take 8 weeks to get issue so you'd starve. Med supp is great longer term with level commissions but the first few yrs you starve as the up front commissions low

Back