June 1, 2010

Some people call us Michigainians and some call us Michiganders. For those in Michigan that live in the upper peninsula they are called Yoopers. I love calling the turning 65 Yoopers, they have such funny accents....plus they're very friendly.

Drum roll please. Announcing, for your selling pleasure, Medicare Supplement Plans M&N.....

[FONT=&quot]These represent the most dramatic, all encompassing changes Medicare has made since the establishment of the Standardized Plans in 1990.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]At this time it is all guess work. I have contacted several insurance companies and non of them would admit to or claimed they didn't know yet what there plans were for the new Standardized Med Supps.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Assuming that the companies have everything in place by then, marketing these plans can begin as early as December1, 2009.[/FONT]

Mr Stastny, has your plans for june 1, 2010 and getting back into marketing in saint lou still on track or has the current polictics changed your perception?

Mr Stastny, has your plans for june 1, 2010 and getting back into marketing in saint lou still on track or has the current polictics changed your perception?

They are stronger than ever. From what I have learned so far, Plan N will be the better value between Plans M & N. No companies have released the premium structure of those two plans yet but I have been told to expect a Plan N premium to be somewhere around 60% to 70% of what companies are charging for Plan F.

Remember though, this is the insurance industry. What is said today is always given to change. I am not going to "hang my hat" on anything until I see it in writing from the individual insurance companies.

No one is talking now or even saying when that information will be released. I don't look for it until at least the end of March based on past experience.

However, if that comes to pass then yes, I will definitely be hitting the metro areas showing seniors that Plan N will be a much better investment of their premium dollars than the HMO that they currently have.

They are stronger than ever. From what I have learned so far, Plan N will be the better value between Plans M & N. No companies have released the premium structure of those two plans yet but I have been told to expect a Plan N premium to be somewhere around 60% to 70% of what companies are charging for Plan F.

Remember though, this is the insurance industry. What is said today is always given to change. I am not going to "hang my hat" on anything until I see it in writing from the individual insurance companies.

No one is talking now or even saying when that information will be released. I don't look for it until at least the end of March based on past experience.

However, if that comes to pass then yes, I will definitely be hitting the metro areas showing seniors that Plan N will be a much better investment of their premium dollars than the HMO that they currently have.

as i recall, "hitting the metro areas" in the summer in preparation for fall enrollement? so it would be end of march for comfirmation from the carriers, summer execution, for fall enrollment. do i have the basic timeline of your new metro supplement marketing effort? thx in advance for your answer!

as i recall, "hitting the metro areas" in the summer in preparation for fall enrollement? so it would be end of march for comfirmation from the carriers, summer execution, for fall enrollment. do i have the basic timeline of your new metro supplement marketing effort? thx in advance for your answer!

I said I hope the rates and apps will be available by the end of March. No one right now is saying when they will be announced. I'm guessing like everyone else right now.

All Med Supp companies will allow the agent to set date the effective date three months in advance of the application date. People who currently have an HMO have a contract that lasts until December 31. I will not be able to write Med Supp apps until October 1. At that time I can set the effective date as Jan 1, 2011.

There would be little value in marketing Plan N in metro areas this summer since I can't begin writing apps until the October 1. I will let prospects know that it will be available but not really begin "marketing" it until the end of September for appointments beginning October 1.

I will begin offering Plan N to those interested who live in rural Missouri where the majority of people still have Med Supps as soon as it is available from the companies. If they are available by March 1 then I will write them with effective dates of June 1 and beyond.

Feel free to call me anytime.

Just heard from a FMO that AARP will have it's rates out Monday for the modernized plans and that includes Plan N. Looking forward to see em.

Of course I'll still be in Mexico.... see ya 3/1. :cool:

Just heard from a FMO that AARP will have it's rates out Monday for the modernized plans and that includes Plan N. Looking forward to see em.

Of course I'll still be in Mexico.... see ya 3/1. :cool:

Don't drink the water.

Looking forward to those rates and those of MoO.

Frank,

From what I hear you can hardly spell Medicare Supplement. Give me a call if you want some information about how to better sell Medicare Supplement

Frank,

From what I hear you can hardly spell Medicare Supplement. Give me a call if you want some information about how to better sell Medicare Supplement

You may very well be right!

It is a sad day that ends when we all don't learn something new. I would appreciate the opportunity to talk to you. I just need your phone number.

Latest posts

Back