SNL?

One of the best products yrs ago was United Heritage . Paper app and no phone interview . Took almost everything Trans did and also took neuropathy with insulin . Best customer service on the planet . Then in 2018 i think rates jumped 20% . It was game over .Bur if SNL takes some heavy risks preferred(which could be less than standard at some co’s) it might be usable.

Yup.

The fastest claims paid on non contestibles of any company I have worked with also.
What they didn't take level, they just about took graded.
Super easy to work with.

Rates bite.

The GP21 was awesome.

I was contracted with UH for about 5 years. I never wrote even one. They were always too high to use. This was before any supposed rate increase.

They were really sh!tty after and during the termination process. So it that's how they ran their business it's no wonder they went out. Or did they go out? Or just dry up?

They are still around. More on the PreNeed and some Annuities.

PS... they are Stock now.

One thing I liked about UH was they paid like 20 points higher if you were as earned.

I was as earned. But I never wrote one to find out if that was true.
It has always seemed to me like the whole industry should embrace this. Agent debts are all but eliminated other than recisions, the companies have better cash flow, and it separates the strong stable agents who can manage their business well from the other ones. Win, win, win. Should be with 5 points at a bare minimum.

Problem is cost to business continues to rise. Get in as earned with $15-25 leads is a lot different then $35-50.

Inflation the last 24 months is around 16%. CO’s expenses from labor to supply’s to benefit cost skying .Gross death claims across all life ins co’s up big the last 2 years. CO’s have no choice but to either lower comp significantly or raise rates 5-15% just to stay even with inflation and claims .

That’s what I’m says. Guys staring out that are not financially sound yet would stay advanced. But the more experienced guys could go as earned and have a higher commission. Win-win

I have to guess most experienced, non primadona, agents cost the IMOs very little. Take advances out of the picture and very little risk also.

I have to guess most experienced, non primadona, agents cost the IMOs very little. Take advances out of the picture and very little risk also.
Somewhat true. But there guys in the biz for decades that are also not at all stable and interested in keeping their messes cleaned up. I’m sure you are not this way but every time you post advice to have contracts here there and everywhere I cringe a little because that always the way the scammers do it.

There are two types of agents that roll debt up.
1. Guys who mean well in the beginning but just can’t/won’t make a go of this and fail out and are broke as a joke.
2. Really experienced guys who have bounced around from place to place and just need to pick up that contract or two from you right now for some cases they need to write. No, they don’t need any training or leads or anything.

Obviously not all broke new guys will fail out. And not all free-agents that aren’t committed to anyone else will write bad biz and roll debt. But those are the two you have to be cautious of.

Somewhat true. But there guys in the biz for decades that are also not at all stable and interested in keeping their messes cleaned up. I’m sure you are not this way but every time you post advice to have contracts here there and everywhere I cringe a little because that always the way the scammers do it.

There are two types of agents that roll debt up.
1. Guys who mean well in the beginning but just can’t/won’t make a go of this and fail out and are broke as a joke.
2. Really experienced guys who have bounced around from place to place and just need to pick up that contract or two from you right now for some cases they need to write. No, they don’t need any training or leads or anything.

Obviously not all broke new guys will fail out. And not all free-agents that aren’t committed to anyone else will write bad biz and roll debt. But those are the two you have to be cautious of.

Yeah, I could not do what you guys do. I don't have the temperament. Guys like you and Todd are not the reason I protected myself from letting anyone have all my eggs in their basket. Had I started out under someone like you guys I may have not been the lone wolf that I am.

Now that I am winding down to just maintaining my book. I find myself consolidating.

Personally I do not believe I have ever rolled up a debt. I have had a couple charge backs many years ago that I wrote myself out of. Now i prefer to just write a check. I have been very fortunate not to have had many charge backs at all.

Back