Appointment Setting Using Mailers

Well, I'm not doing bad. I've claimed to be good, and I've been around for awhile. But I'm not close to 60%, or your 70%. What percentage of your appointments actually show? On 2nd thought, maybe I should get away from tele-leads and go 100% mail leads. Any opinions on that?

I cannot speak for JDeasy but I imagine it is high. People generally tell the truth about their schedule and when they will be home. Now they may forget they have an appointment with you but they will be home.

Never been a good phone guy (wish I was) so I just door knock 'em. If I can catch them home, I can almost always get in the house, at least. But 70% conversion phoning? That's outstanding. How much is THAT monkey dust? I've always also assumed (I know, ASS) it was hard to even get folks to pick up in this day and age (kinda what I was taught in the beginning). Do you guys just keep calling till they pick up? Or is that problem a figment of my imagination?

Well, I'm not doing bad. I've claimed to be good, and I've been around for awhile. But I'm not close to 60%, or your 70%.
What percentage of your appointments actually show?
On 2nd thought, maybe I should get away from tele-leads and go 100% mail leads. Any opinions on that?

I don't track no shows but I have some. Very few though. No enough to make me change anything.

I do the same with teleleads but I don't work enough of them to really say.

I got about 20 teleleads last January and about 10 in June and then JohnGalt sent me about 20 in Oct. So about 50 teleleads on the year.

That's not a large enough sample for me to give advice on.

I don't like teleleads. I prefer DM. But I know of agents that kill it with teleleads so it's just whatever turns your crank.

There's a guy on here that was advertising to set appointments from your leads. he claimed a 90% set rate.

Never been a good phone guy (wish I was) so I just door knock 'em. If I can catch them home, I can almost always get in the house, at least. But 70% conversion phoning? That's outstanding. How much is THAT monkey dust? I've always also assumed (I know, ASS) it was hard to even get folks to pick up in this day and age (kinda what I was taught in the beginning). Do you guys just keep calling till they pick up? Or is that problem a figment of my imagination?

I don't see the 70% as outstanding but I will admit that when I first got with EFES and on my first training call Travis and Dan Runge were both saying that you should ALWAYS be able to set 70% appointments from your leads that I thought they were full of it.:yes:

Now here I am 6 and quarter years later saying the same thing. I guess most of it is monkey dust because I learned it from Travis, Dan, Shannon, Mark and several others that taught how to give what Frank Statsny would call "good phone".:laugh:

----------

----------

----------

Do you door knock the ones that turn you down via phone?

If you are asking me, no, those go in the trash. If I talk to them and they won't schedule I'm not showing up later. Maybe I will DK them the next time they send in the card?

I only doorknock the ones without a phone number or ones that won't answer the phone.

----------

----------

Last edited:
I don't see the 70% as outstanding but I will admit that when I first got with EFES and on my first training call Travis and Dan Runge were both saying that you should ALWAYS be able to set 70% appointments from your leads that I thought they were full of it.:yes: Now here I am 6 and quarter years later saying the same thing. I guess most of it is monkey dust because I learned it from Travis, Dan, Shannon, Mark and several others that taught how to give what Frank Statsny would call "good phone".:laugh: ---------- If you are asking me, no, those go in the trash. I only doorknock the ones without a phone number or ones that won't answer the phone. ---------- If you are asking me, no, those go in the trash. I only doorknock the ones without a phone number or ones that won't answer the phone. ---------- If you are asking me, no, those go in the trash. If I talk to them and they won't schedule I'm not showing up later. Maybe I will DK them the next time they send in the card? I only doorknock the ones without a phone number or ones that won't answer the phone. ---------- If you are asking me, no, those go in the trash. If I talk to them and they won't schedule I'm not showing up later. Maybe I will DK them the next time they send in the card? I only doorknock the ones without a phone number or ones that won't answer the phone. ---------- If you are asking me, no, those go in the trash. If I talk to them and they won't schedule I'm not showing up later. Maybe I will DK them the next time they send in the card? I only doorknock the ones without a phone number or ones that won't answer the phone.

Ok ok!! I got it!

Do you door knock the ones that turn you down via phone?
If you are asking me then hell yes I do. Depending on what they say, I may wait a few weeks.

Actually I am trying to develop a customized lead piece to mail to individuals who respond to the generic leads but won't set an appointment.

Last edited:
Back