Illinois Mutual Simplified Issue

Did they market,sell the product directly ? By appointed agents ? What kind of product? Looks like a media hit piece. I lived in Georgia for a long time. Their DOI,Department of Banking and Finance are akin to what the DOJ is doing now.

I’d have to see the facts. I’m sure there’s way more too it.

So if it doesn't fit your agenda it's a hit piece?

Isn’t it human nature when you first sit down with people during the warm that they ask “who are you with”?

They don’t know us from Adam. Wouldn’t they like to hear you wrote with Mutual of Omaha or Transamerica John Hancock Prudential?
Isn’t that human nature?
Doesn’t that put them at ease with the agent ?

Just saying.

Can they look up financial ratings on Senior Life ?

I've had that asked maybe twice in over 10K appointments. And no, it doesn't matter to the clients. it does matter to agents.

I thought you were going to be some kind of agent trainer/mentor?

No company is backed by the state. There is no money in any guaranty fund. And no, that has nothing to do with my feelings on AmAm. You take companies way too personally.

AmAm would be the same POS if they were fraternal. They were the same POS company when they weren't AMBest rated as they are now. Maybe even worse now?

KSKJ Life is one of the strongest financial companies in the country. Very conservatively managed.

How can they do what they do? They manage their agent force. They will not sign up anyone that has a license and can fog a mirror. And they won't advance new agents. They don't want the typical agent that comes thru the churn and burn IMO's.

Back to the state thing, look at Colorado bankers Life. They are not fraternal. Where's that state guaranty getting those clients? Look at Shenendoah Life. They weren't/aren't fraternal. Took them what, 5-6 years to get thru receivership?

A fraternal would have handled that stuff in a matter of months, not years.

My friend and other agents he knows have had high claims with kskj . You can’t seriously tell me aggressive underwriting with super low rates doesn’t hurt profitability? Family benefit had even less aggressive underwriting than kskj and 15% higher rates than kskj . They both got similar comp . Yet they had to tighten underwriting. What does advancement to new agents matter ? The bad debt is eaten by your up line so no financial consequences to kskj . There’s a very few imo’s with kskj so somebody’s eating the debt.Time will tell if you or me is right . Let’s see if they have a big rate hike any time soon . In 3-5 yrs if all’s the same I’ll say I was wrong .

:biggrin:
My friend and other agents he knows have had high claims with kskj . You can’t seriously tell me aggressive underwriting with super low rates doesn’t hurt profitability? Family benefit had even less aggressive underwriting than kskj and 15% higher rates than kskj . They both got similar comp . Yet they had to tighten underwriting. What does advancement to new agents matter ? The bad debt is eaten by your up line so no financial consequences to kskj . There’s a very few imo’s with kskj so somebody’s eating the debt.Time will tell if you or me is right . Let’s see if they have a big rate hike any time soon . In 3-5 yrs if all’s the same I’ll say I was wrong .

New agents shy away from KSKJ because they get paid as earned.

That might be a surprise to you to I’m betting it’s not to anyone else in this business.

KSKJ is in their 129th year. I think they will make it another “3-5”. :biggrin:

RNA was my goto for 6 years. They jumped the shark and I moved on.

I made trinity/FBL my goto after that. That didn’t last long. Wasn’t in the cards.

KSKJ has been my goto for over 7 years now. I’ve been hearing from day 1 they wouldn’t continue.

And they haven’t. They are light years ahead of where they were 7 years ago.

You seem to think they will get worse. I believe they will improve.

If you are right I will move on to next.

I didn’t know AmAm, Americo or RNA from adam when I started with EFES.

I got all 3 at about the same time because efes pimped them. I wrote all 3.

I quickly found that AmAm was awful. Took me a little longer on Americo. Found out real fast that RNA had better value for my clients and were far easier to work with.

KSKJ provides that same value that RNA used to and are even easier to work with.

I wish they paid more. But I make more money writing KSKJ than I ever have with any company.

That might be a surprise to you to I’m betting it’s not to anyone else in this business.

I made trinity/FBL my goto after that. That didn’t last long. Wasn’t in the cards.

KSKJ has been my goto for over 7 years now. I’ve been hearing from day 1 they wouldn’t continue.

I quickly found that AmAm was awful. Took me a little longer on Americo. Found out real fast that RNA had better value for my clients and were far easier to work with.

KSKJ provides that same value that RNA used to and are even easier to work with.

I wish they paid more. But I make more money writing KSKJ than I ever have with any company.

If you lived in Florida or any other state that didn’t have KSKJ what 3 companies are in your tool bag ?

Who would be your go to ?

I fully understand 95% of agents won’t nor can make it without annualization. They live hand to mouth . No different than the mapd I sell . For a oct enrollment I’ll make $60 . 95% of agents can’t take the low upfront in Medicare.But I only think of the $25 a month I make starting in Jan x over 700 . I had a vision 2 yrs ago to look at the long term and put my head down . But didn’t matter because ive always done substantial fe business and was on as earned .

I can't believe a trainer/mentor is just now learning about AmAm and the military. Not only has it been known for many, many years, it's been discussed on here 100's of times.

Wrong.
I knew about something in their past,just don’t know the actual facts.
I’m also not one to be to concerned about someone’s past.
You should see some of the honey’s I used to bring home during my drinking days:biggrin:

Back