Cheat Sheet

It’s a mix honestly how large agencies do it.

I have no love for any one company be it AmAm, or KSKJ. No one is best, and with a good mix you’ll help a lot of families.

It’s a mix honestly how large agencies do it.

I have no love for any one company be it AmAm, or KSKJ. No one is best, and with a good mix you’ll help a lot of families.

That’s true. KSKJ is about half of my written business.

Definitely need a mix.

There’s not one best for everyone.

But if we are narrowing the choice to KSKJ vs AmAm then KSKJ wins by a country mile!!

What’s your favorite second and third place companies these days?

I don’t have a number 2. Never have. I intend to write my goto in every home.

That was true when it was RNA for 6 years. Trinity for 1 year. And now over 7 years with KSKJ.

My number 2 is why can’t I use KSKJ. Who fills that void?

Usually it’s DE or cancer more than 2 years but less than 4.

Or they are maxed out with KSKJ FE and not fu healthy. Or under 50 and not fu candidates.

This week I’ve written 2 Cinn Eq, 1 Trans and 5 KSKJ.

The most premium is in the 2 Cinn Eqs.

I write SNL. Occasionally an Oxford. Even a Prosperity here and there. A few Aetnas too.

Whatever I need.

I don’t have a number 2. Never have. I intend to write my goto in every home.

That was true when it was RNA for 6 years. Trinity for 1 year. And now over 7 years with KSKJ.

My number 2 is why can’t I use KSKJ. Who fills that void?

Usually it’s DE or cancer more than 2 years but less than 4.

Or they are maxed out with KSKJ FE and not fu healthy. Or under 50 and not fu candidates.

This week I’ve written 2 Cinn Eq, 1 Trans and 5 KSKJ.

The most premium is in the 2 Cinn Eqs.

I write SNL. Occasionally an Oxford. Even a Prosperity here and there. A few Aetnas too.

Whatever I need.

Why did you write cinn Eq over the other co’s? Whats there nitch ? They take de?

Why did you write cinn Eq over the other co’s? Whats there nitch ? They take de?

Cinn Eq does take DE. But neither of these were DE. One maxed out with KSKJ.

The other was 83 year old insulin user. CinnEq was by far the best rate for him.

Oh, I forgot, I wrote my first GW last week. Probably last too. :1wink:

Last edited:
Do they take neuropathy ? Heart or cancer more than 2 yrs ? True ss billing? They have an eapp with instant decision? I could swear when Scott first offered them yrs ago they commission was 125% . I see it’s 120% now .

Do they take neuropathy ? Heart or cancer more than 2 yrs ? True ss billing? They have an eapp with instant decision? I could swear when Scott first offered them yrs ago they commission was 125% . I see it’s 120% now .

Diabetic neuropathy is graded. Not sure on non diabetic.

They do not have true SS billing. They do not have their eApp out yet. It’s not instant decision. Usually takes a day for an answer. But sometimes same day if you send it in the morning.

There used to be a phone interview with instant decision. No phone interview now.

They are tricky to use. Very unpredictable.

The eApp was supposed to be out by now. But it’s not. I was part of the pilot group several months ago. Heard nothing since.

The eApp is supposed to be instant decision. Supposed to be SS billing. But they don’t seem to know what SS billing is. They will tell you they have it now.

They have good rates. Taking about lowering them.

I’m at 125% with them. No idea what new agents get.

AmMem will approve COPD level if no changes in COPD meds in the last 36 months and no oxygen use and no nebulizer use.

BUT, the question still has to be marked no on the application. Even if it's actually yes. Most COPD clients probably haven't changed their meds in the last 3 years. But many have. That's not really the problem with the app. Most, if not all, of the COPD people I see do use a nebulizer. That isa knockout that one particular IMO seems to train agents to ignore.

If I were to write AmMem on a client that has COPD and fits their parameters I would note on the application that they do have OPD and that it was disclosed to the company. I was told by AmMem that if I did that, they would not issue the policy level. So I never wrote one. I know an agent that did just that, made a note on the application that the person had COPD and it was disclosed on the interview. They did issue that policy level and the agent had some protection. Now that they have an eapp and no interview I don't know if there's a way for the agent o protect themselves.

I used to do that on all Americo application for cigar and pipe smokers and chewers and dippers that Americo considered non tobacco. I would write in the notes section of the app something like, "smokes cigars daily" or "smokes a pipe", "uses snuff regularly", etc.

And I put Americo's flyer that hey offered non tobacco rates for those users in every policy. Not only for my protection at claim but for the next agent in the home that was going to try and say their Americo app had been clean sheeted.

A policy like AmMem is doing by offering level coverage while requiring the application to be marked differently is ripe for clean sheeting and the company is complicit.

Why don’t they have a separate COPD question?
How does the agent know what’s in the doctor’s report ?
They are putting the beneficiary,insured,and agent in a really bad spot.
My COPD goes to Trans,period. As dysfunctional they are,I feel confident they will pay that claim when issues Standard.

Back