Monumental

If the "event" was more than 2 years ago then coumadin is maintenance and should be preferred day one coverage.

That's what I figured. This was 3 years ago and the customer had the Stent put in over 24 months prior. Rates are extremely competitive with them but cheap was exactly what I got with underwriting

My FMO has a quote engine that includes Monumental. I tried several different ages and genders, and in none of them was Monumental top dog, pricewise. Mostly not even close. What am I missing? Why would I write them? Where do they shine? Just curious.

My FMO has a quote engine that includes Monumental. I tried several different ages and genders, and in none of them was Monumental top dog, pricewise. Mostly not even close. What am I missing? Why would I write them? Where do they shine? Just curious.

A lot of people only put their COPD cases with them since they will do standard rate first day coverage rather than graded (as long as no oxygen use). You're right about the pricing though.

Theres also no mention of bipolar/depression on the app.

I have had other carriers demand aps's,medical records,went back and wrote them on Monumental and they were issued in a couple of days,no questions asked. They are very easy to work with and having the Transamerica name in your tool bag won't hurt you either.

I've found that I very rarely write the lowest premium carrier. In most cases it is UHL premier (?) I think that's what they call it. If they can qualify for that, they can probably qualify for fully underwritten GUL or Whole life. FE agents AND FE insurance companies should know their place. Most don't, however. FE is for people of limited means with some health issues and/or people that are too stubborn to sit for all the questions and needles associated with fully underwritten policies. If you are stuck on always writing the lowest premium, run around with Lafayette and UHL premier ONLY in your bag and see how long it takes for your wife to demand that you go to work for the county mowing parks and ditches.

I've found that I very rarely write the lowest premium carrier. In most cases it is UHL premier (?) I think that's what they call it. If they can qualify for that, they can probably qualify for fully underwritten GUL or Whole life. FE agents AND FE insurance companies should know their place. Most don't, however. FE is for people of limited means with some health issues and/or people that are too stubborn to sit for all the questions and needles associated with fully underwritten policies. If you are stuck on always writing the lowest premium, run around with Lafayette and UHL premier ONLY in your bag and see how long it takes for your wife to demand that you go to work for the county mowing parks and ditches.

So...you're saying that if given the choice of two companies, both of which the client would qualify for, you write the higher premium merely for a greater personal gain? You, of course, can treat your clients however you wish. As for me I would never put myself ahead of a client.

"FE" is just a marketing term for life insurance sold to the older client. In terms of grammar it would be a verb and not a noun. It is not "meant" for anything.

Getting back on topic, Monumental, like any company, is good for the nitch that it offers. I tend to like the Grand Brat rider, not many have that.

I do like UHL, also, for those that want to add kids. It's the only company I know of that will allow a CTR for court ordered custody kids (non natural and non adopted).

So...you're saying that if given the choice of two companies, both of which the client would qualify for, you write the higher premium merely for a greater personal gain? You, of course, can treat your clients however you wish. As for me I would never put myself ahead of a client.

"FE" is just a marketing term for life insurance sold to the older client. In terms of grammar it would be a verb and not a noun. It is not "meant" for anything.

Getting back on topic, Monumental, like any company, is good for the nitch that it offers. I tend to like the Grand Brat rider, not many have that.

I do like UHL, also, for those that want to add kids. It's the only company I know of that will allow a CTR for court ordered custody kids (non natural and non adopted).

Wow. Not even close.

Just curious, has anyone here ever put a client with Parkinson's disease or multiple sclerosis with TA/Monumental and got first day coverage? According to the app they would qualify for the standard rate, that just seems hard to believe.

Either you are thinking of UHL Provider or you really don't understand the UHL Premier product. There are many, many people who qualify for UHL Premier and would be table rated or possibly even a decline on a fully underwritten product.

Just for one example, UHL does not ask nor care about diabetes in combination with heart problems. That is a big deal for fully underwritten and even some FE companies ask about it.

While there are other questions, IMO the big three questions that separate Premier from Deluxe are 1) being declined in the past 2 years, 2) insulin use in the past 2 years, and 3) disabled if under age 65.

Now if you are talking the Provider product, then yes. Very few FE prospects will qualify for it, and the rates aren't all that much better than Premier anyway.

Wow. Not even close.

On which part do you disagree?

To quote myself:
"So...you're saying that if given the choice of two companies, both of which the client would qualify for, you write the higher premium merely for a greater personal gain? You, of course, can treat your clients however you wish. As for me I would never put myself ahead of a client."

This was a question, not a statement of fact along with my opinion added at the end. For you to say this is "not even close" this would have to be a fact that you disagree with. Questions are not facts therefore your statement does not apply.

------------

"FE" is just a marketing term for life insurance sold to the older client. In terms of grammar it would be a verb and not a noun. It is not "meant" for anything."

Do you disagree that "Final Expense" is life insurance?

------------

"Getting back on topic, Monumental, like any company, is good for the nitch that it offers. I tend to like the Grand Brat rider, not many have that."

This is an undisputed fact. Monument will allow grandkids to be added to a rider. At least in my state, they do. How am I "not close" with this?

------------

"I do like UHL, also, for those that want to add kids. It's the only company I know of that will allow a CTR for court ordered custody kids (non natural and non adopted)."

This is also an undisputed fact. UHL will allow a non natural or non adopted child to be included on a CTR if the guardian only has custody through a court order. Call them if you didn't know this.

-------------

The only reason I've elaborated on this is that there is not much that pisses me off more than for agents to put themselves ahead of their client. You make the rest of us look bad and you make the industry look bad. That is my opinion, and thus, is indisputable.

Back