Monumental

Just curious, has anyone here ever put a client with Parkinson's disease or multiple sclerosis with TA/Monumental and got first day coverage? According to the app they would qualify for the standard rate, that just seems hard to believe.

I have. Was no problem at all on Standard rate.

Biggin, you started off ok. "I've found that I very rarely write the lowest premium carrier. In most cases it is UHL premier (?) I think that's what they call it. If they can qualify for that, they can probably qualify for fully underwritten GUL or Whole life. " I'm not sure that's true but at least it's something to check and was a reasonable response.

However you got off the track badly when you continued with "FE agents AND FE insurance companies should know their place. Most don't, however. FE is for people of limited means with some health issues and/or people that are too stubborn to sit for all the questions and needles associated with fully underwritten policies.
I don't know what you mean "know their place". And that is a pretty broad generalization of FE.

Then you got personal, judgmental, and downright nasty with this: "If you are stuck on always writing the lowest premium, run around with Lafayette and UHL premier ONLY in your bag and see how long it takes for your wife to demand that you go to work for the county mowing parks and ditches.

I said nothing about Lafayette or UHL. I don't "run around". As for the mowing lawns, if you talk to your prospects like you posted here, I would bet you're the one mowing lawns long before I am.

I asked about Monumental because I am new to FE and wondered why they should be, as you say, in my bag. I would think one would begin with the company with the lowest premium, at least as far as could be reasonably expected to be known, as it would be impossible to know the premiums of all the hundreds of companies out there. If Monumental fills a niche, I was asking what it is. Maybe I should have asked the question more specifically like that, but I didn't realize what I wrote would make someone suggest I'm going to wind up digging ditches.

If you think Biggin is doing his customers wrong, then what about those LH and Sl agents.? How about Bankers life, UA (or any torch crap company).

Plenty of bad agents with bad products that think they are doing the client right. Price isn't everything, but yea you should be at least fairly competitive and understand that some may qualify for fully UW when it fits the bill.

I could care less about $3-8 dollars a month difference. The sting comes when its over 15 a month difference like those lovely LH, SL, and Bankers policies.

Again...I was asking about Monumental. Not LH, not SI (What is SI?), not Bankers...

If you think Biggin is doing his customers wrong, then what about those LH and Sl agents.? How about Bankers life, UA (or any torch crap company).

The difference is that he is independent and has a choice. LH agents (and the others) don't have a choice.

I don't fault a new agent going to work for one of these companies and believing what they are told and being "gung ho" about it, they don't know any better. I do fault them for continuing to rip off people after they come to find out that they are. I also realize that leaving companies such as these takes planning and one can not always do so right away. But once they get sick of the Kool Aid and find their conscious again, they should make plans to do so.

On which part do you disagree?

To quote myself:
"So...you're saying that if given the choice of two companies, both of which the client would qualify for, you write the higher premium merely for a greater personal gain? You, of course, can treat your clients however you wish. As for me I would never put myself ahead of a client."

This was a question, not a statement of fact along with my opinion added at the end. For you to say this is "not even close" this would have to be a fact that you disagree with. Questions are not facts therefore your statement does not apply.

------------

"FE" is just a marketing term for life insurance sold to the older client. In terms of grammar it would be a verb and not a noun. It is not "meant" for anything."

Do you disagree that "Final Expense" is life insurance?

------------

"Getting back on topic, Monumental, like any company, is good for the nitch that it offers. I tend to like the Grand Brat rider, not many have that."

This is an undisputed fact. Monument will allow grandkids to be added to a rider. At least in my state, they do. How am I "not close" with this?

------------

"I do like UHL, also, for those that want to add kids. It's the only company I know of that will allow a CTR for court ordered custody kids (non natural and non adopted)."

This is also an undisputed fact. UHL will allow a non natural or non adopted child to be included on a CTR if the guardian only has custody through a court order. Call them if you didn't know this.

-------------

The only reason I've elaborated on this is that there is not much that pisses me off more than for agents to put themselves ahead of their client. You make the rest of us look bad and you make the industry look bad. That is my opinion, and thus, is indisputable.

Dude. Settle down. You misunderstood what I wrote. I was referring to the provider plan. And if you are writing that policy for someone that can pass underwriting on a fully underwritten whole life, YOU are doing a disservice to your client. Many companies have "so called" FE plans that only perfectly healthy people could get. They don't understand the market. I think you may not understand it either. What I wrote had nothing whatever to do with promoting Inferior product for my personal gain. Opposite.

----------

Biggin, you started off ok. "I've found that I very rarely write the lowest premium carrier. In most cases it is UHL premier (?) I think that's what they call it. If they can qualify for that, they can probably qualify for fully underwritten GUL or Whole life. " I'm not sure that's true but at least it's something to check and was a reasonable response.

However you got off the track badly when you continued with "FE agents AND FE insurance companies should know their place. Most don't, however. FE is for people of limited means with some health issues and/or people that are too stubborn to sit for all the questions and needles associated with fully underwritten policies.
I don't know what you mean "know their place". And that is a pretty broad generalization of FE.

Then you got personal, judgmental, and downright nasty with this: "If you are stuck on always writing the lowest premium, run around with Lafayette and UHL premier ONLY in your bag and see how long it takes for your wife to demand that you go to work for the county mowing parks and ditches.

I said nothing about Lafayette or UHL. I don't "run around". As for the mowing lawns, if you talk to your prospects like you posted here, I would bet you're the one mowing lawns long before I am.

I asked about Monumental because I am new to FE and wondered why they should be, as you say, in my bag. I would think one would begin with the company with the lowest premium, at least as far as could be reasonably expected to be known, as it would be impossible to know the premiums of all the hundreds of companies out there. If Monumental fills a niche, I was asking what it is. Maybe I should have asked the question more specifically like that, but I didn't realize what I wrote would make someone suggest I'm going to wind up digging ditches.

Not sure if the problem is my writing or what. I wasn't referring to you. My point is that if A PERSON wants to have the lowest price FE product they could probably be putting them on a fully underwritten whole life or gul. Agents that don't know the products place get replaced.

Another cool feature about Monumental is you can designate any policy you write to be paid as earned. If I write a questionable policy that I think the insured may not keep,or someone in bad health that's graded,I have the option. My upline turned me on to this and says it's a good way to avoid a chargeback. He's a big Monumental fan himself. Amother well known IMO on this forum advised me a while back that an agent could make it just using Monumental. He has proven that statement to be correct. So there you go,two of the most reliable IMO's on the forum give them the thumbs up !

Another cool feature about Monumental is you can designate any policy you write to be paid as earned. If I write a questionable policy that I think the insured may not keep,or someone in bad health that's graded,I have the option. My upline turned me on to this and says it's a good way to avoid a chargeback. He's a big Monumental fan himself. Amother well known IMO on this forum advised me a while back that an agent could make it just using Monumental. He has proven that statement to be correct. So there you go,two of the most reliable IMO's on the forum give them the thumbs up !

I say they suck!! How reliable that is would be up to each person to decide.

I say they suck!! How reliable that is would be up to each person to decide.

You know their Tim's main company. May sound crazy to the rest of us, but he's gotta have a good reason. You can fill a lot of niches with them.

Back